Records include biggest Thursday night, biggest day, and fastest to $100 million, beating films from the Harry Potter, Hobbit, and Jurassic World series.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens made an estimated $120.5 million domestically on Friday, December 18, including $57 million from Thursday night “previews.” This joins the $129 million the film has already made internationally.
The film is expected to easily break the record for biggest weekend, previously set by Jurassic World earlier this year.
- Largest Thursday Previews: $57 million*
Previous Record: $43.5 million (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2)
- Largest Friday, Opening Day, Single Day: $120.5 million (estimated)
Previous Record: $91 million (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2)
- December Single Day: $120.5 million (estimated)
Previous Record: $37.13 million (The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey)
- Widest December Opening: 4,134 theaters
Previous Record: 4,045 theaters (The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey)
- December Opening Weekend: $120.5 million… and counting
Previous Record: $84.62 million (The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey)
- Fastest to $100 Million: 1 Day
Previous Record: 2 Days (Jurassic World)
See more numbers at BoxOfficeMojo.com.