Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi Standalone Film Reportedly in the Works

Star Wars Obi Wan Kenobi Movie

Star Wars Obi Wan Kenobi Movie

The Oscar-nominated director behind Billy Elliot and The Hours is in early talks to helm a Star Wars stand-alone movie centering on Obi-Wan Kenobi, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Sources say talks are at the earliest of stages and that the project has no script. If a deal is made, Daldry would oversee the development and writing with Lucasfilm brass. Read the full story at thr.com
0 0 vote
Article Rating
Notify of

13 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
JediTricks
Editor
2 years ago

If the script is good, then I'm all for this, and hopefully that'll be what gets Ewan McGregor back.

XmasDVD
XmasDVD

I hope they include his brother, Obi-Too Kenobi. :p

But I wonder when they'd set the film: post-ROTS? pre-ROTS? just-pre-ANH?

Maradona
2 years ago

I hope they don't attempt to bring Darth Maul back as his nemesis.

Tycho
Tycho
2 years ago
So I was looking for a thread about Obi-Wan in the movies. I mean a new movie.

Now the Han Solo movie looks amazing! I have to admit that I was more excited about an Obi-Wan movie, than anything. Now the Han movie will be quite fun.

These 2 stand-alone movies will be my favorites about my favorite characters more so than the sequel trilogy.

O
OC47151
2 years ago
If what Alden Ehrenrich says is true by signing for 3 movies, and if Solo is a success, I want to see Han Solo at Stars’ End turned into a movie.
XmasDVD
XmasDVD
2 years ago
When I saw the trailer that shows the POV from Han’s holster, I first thought: GALLANDRO!
Tycho
Tycho
2 years ago

So I have done some figuring. The movie takes "speeder Han" and current figure of Qi’ra from when they are 18 to when they are 24. (If she and Han are the same age) I read that the movie takes place over 6 years. And it goes up to 5 years before ANH. The general consensus is that Han Solo is 10 years older than Luke and Leia who are 19 in ANH. That’s 29 years old for Han. Right now, I don’t want a replacement for Harrison Ford during the OTC. It’s an industry standard for someone to sign… Read more »

O
OC47151
2 years ago

Instead of coming up with original material, I wish the studio would take a closer look at some of the books out there. Some aren’t the greatest, but there are a few that could easily be turned into movies.

It wouldn’t surprise me with Kenobi is some elements of Jude Watson’s Last of the Jedi books. Okay, it wouldn’t surprise me if it was completely ignored.

Tycho
Tycho
2 years ago

I want a movie that flashes back and forth between Clone Wars and post-ROTS. As Obi-Wan remembers how he couldn’t save Duchess Satine (Charlize Theron) from Maul and Vizla, he tries to save Padme (Natalie Portman – who’s death was faked), and Leia, from Vader who Kenobi has just discovered, via Bail Organa. JarJar saves Leia, but dies. The end fight is with Maul, who dies as in Rebels, but Obi-Wan fails, Padme is killed, but Vader doesn’t realize. Obi-Wan goes back determined to protect Luke. The romance chemistry is between Obi-Wan and Satine, as in Clone Wars. The Death… Read more »

O
OC47151
2 years ago
You’ve given that some thought, Tycho!
Tycho
Tycho
2 years ago
You’ve given that some thought, Tycho!

How does it sound?

( my objective was not to be original but just tie stuff together, that is Fan Favorite material, and have it portrayed by really passionate actors, at a High production value, in live action, while redeeming flaws in the PT )

O
OC47151
Sounds good.

In case you haven’t read this.

I like SW movies in December.

Tycho
Tycho
2 years ago
So my idea got a big boost via a solo spoiler I picked up today. I don’t think I can post it here. I will go to the solo spoilers forum.