As fans around the world count down to Solo: A Star Wars Story’s debut on May 25, Lucasfilm today unveiled product collections inspired by the highly-anticipated Star Wars film. The cross-category assortment spans action figures, role-play products, apparel and more that take inspiration from the upcoming movie, with comic and book titles launching in May.
“The latest Star Wars adventure celebrates iconic characters like Han Solo and Chewbacca, and introduces a host of new heroes,” said Paul Gainer, head of Global Product Management and Distribution, Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products. “Through innovative toy features and product experiences, our SOLO collection brings this new story to life for fans and families around the world.”
Retailers in the U.S. including Walmart, Amazon, and shopDisney.com will host pre-orders for select toys beginning today, with additional product available at mass retailers, Disney store, shopDisney.com and Disney Parks starting on April 13 and rolling out through May.
Available toys from the pre-sale include:
- Solo: A Star Wars Story 3.75-inch Kessel Run Millennium Falcon vehicle by Hasbro ($99.99)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Han Solo Landspeeder Vehicle by Hasbro ($29.99)
- Star Wars: The Black Series 6-inch Han Solo figure by Hasbro ($19.99)
- Star Wars: The Black Series 6-inch Lando Calrissian figure by Hasbro ($19.99)
- Star Wars: The Black Series 6-inch Qi’ra figure by Hasbro ($19.99 – Available April 13)
- Star Wars: The Black Series 6-inch Range Trooper figure by Hasbro ($19.99)
Highlights from the new product line available beginning April 13 include:
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Figure Play Set by Disney store ($14.95)
- Star Wars Han Solo’s Landspeeder construction set by LEGO ($29.99)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Bobbleheads in the Pop! style by Funko ($9.99)
- Hot Wheels Solo: A Star Wars Story Character Cars by Mattel ($3.99)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Big Figs by Jakks Pacific ($19.99)
- Star Wars: Last Shot: A Han and Lando Novel by Daniel Jose Older (Del Rey) ($28.99)
- Star Wars: Choose Your Destiny: A Han and Chewie Adventure by Caven Scott, Illus. by Elsa Charretier (Disney-Lucasfilm Press)($5.99)
Products available at Disney Parks and shopDisney.com beginning April 20 include:
- Droid Factory Four-Pack Set ($29.99)
- Disney Pins and Trading Accessories ($9.99-$29.99)
- Retail MagicBand 2 ($22.99-$32.99)
- A Galaxy of Apparel for the Whole Family ($19.99-$59.99)
Solo: A Star Wars Story opens in U.S. theaters on May 25, 2018.
About Solo: A Star Wars Story
Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in Solo: A Star Wars Story, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes. Solo: A Star Wars Story releases in U.S. Theaters on May 25, 2018.
About Lucasfilm Ltd.
Lucasfilm Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company’s activities include visual effects and audio post-production, cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
Lucasfilm, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd