Disney The Last Jedi Vehicle sets are Action Fleet-lite

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
I picked up the Kylo Ren TIE Silencer at Disneyland recently, tag is $20. They also had the Ski Speeder, and I've seen online the Poe's Boosted X-wing. They're full plastic, not die-cast this time.

This is his ship from the new movie, and the package is an AF-sized minifig with a larger-than-AF-sized ship. The figure has only one point of articulation, the hips. The ship only has one feature, the cockpit opens (from the front, which isn't movie-accurate from what I've read) to put the figure in a fairly-well-detailed little cockpit. It's got very long wings, decent sculpting, and some clear red bits that look nice. No action features though, and the wings are very droopy so save the clear plastic things that hold them together to avoid droopage. This one doesn't come with a stand, although you can appropriate the packaging's clear tray segment as the stand, which I did. The Ski Speeder did come with a stand.

good shot jansen

Jedi Apprentice
howdy all once again, i actually ordered the x-wing, silencer and ski speeder from the disney site, as they were on sale for 15 each. i got intrigued by your post JT, as it has been sooooo long since af was produced, so i decided to check them out....why not?

i might even review em' when they arrive!

good shot jansen

Jedi Apprentice
received the last jedi xwing, tie silencer and ski speeder.

The vehicles are about 1/4 larger in size than action fleets. the detailing is quite good, but as JT indicated, the plastic utilized is considerably thinner than what was used for action fleet with the exception of the ski speeder, which is made from a gauge of plastic on par with the action fleet construction.

here's a photo of Poe's x-wing next to Jek Porkins Red 2

t65-t70.jpg

from above.jpg

Tie interceptor vs silencer

interceptor silencer.jpg

ski speeder

ski speeder.jpg

ski speeder next to AF x-wing

ski and xwing.jpg

overall i'm happy to have them, but I do wish that they were the same scale as action fleet.

good shot jansen

Jedi Apprentice
i just realized that Red 2 is wedge's ship, not Porkins. I realized this when I took the figure out to do a comparison photo of the size difference between the new Poe figure, and the figure from the AF x-wing. (I am obviously many years off my game!:rolleyes:) (and by the way, where is the dayum ability to edit a post??!!?? :mad:)

here is the comparison photo
file-3.jpeg

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Great comparisons. Man, the X-wings look like a before and after on scale.

i just realized that Red 2 is wedge's ship, not Porkins. I realized this when I took the figure out to do a comparison photo of the size difference between the new Poe figure, and the figure from the AF x-wing. (I am obviously many years off my game!:rolleyes:) (and by the way, where is the dayum ability to edit a post??!!?? :mad:)

here is the comparison photo
View attachment 2737
It should be on the bottom line next to "report"

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
It might have to do with good shot jansen's forum status compared to ours. You and I are Jedi Council Members (aka Moderators). At most forums I've been a part of the edit feature on a post usually has a time limitation (unless you are a Moderator).
In previous iterations of the forums, it allowed regular users to edit their own posts for a select window of time. I'll see if this new iteration is able to do that as well.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
This is a good thread to talk about a new item I picked up at Disneyland last week:

Solo: A Star Wars Story Millennium Falcon

This thing is $40 and is 3x bigger than the Action Fleet Falcon.
- It has an opening cockpit for the included Han Solo and Lando Calrissian minifigs that has decent sculpted detail.
- It has an opening boarding ramp.
- It has a removable front mini-ship that can also be fired via spring-loading with a press of a button.
- It has spring-loaded lower landing gear that pop down at the press of a single button.
- It has elevating single cannons top and bottom mounted to a turret that each rotates 360, something we've never actually seen on a Falcon toy of any kind (the round disc that the quad-cannon and window are mounted to rotates so the gun can finally shoot behind the ship).
- It has stunning sculpted fine detail, some of the best I've ever seen (minus of course the handful of logos and text on the underside).
- It has electronic sounds, including a crude motion-activated flyby sound (switch the toy back to try-me to make it stop annoying your girlfriend :p ).
- The rear engine lights up with 4 blue LEDs.

I really like this thing, it's sleek and less "fat" than the classic Falcon, it's very whooshable, and it has some of the best sculpting I've seen on any Falcon toy ever. There's a docking ring detail between the mandibles that is used to launch the miniship, and when pushed back there's MORE detail sculpted inside! The rotating and elevating cannons is a really fun touch, I think that's ultimately what sold me on the set.

There are, however, a few drawbacks...
- The minifigs don't have movable arms, and their paint is pretty rough.
- The spring-loaded landing gear droop when the miniship is attached, which is the main look of the ship in this film.
- The top-facing radar dish rotates and wobbles, it's set into a groove so it may intentionally angle slightly, but it just seems odd that it wobbles freely in there.
- There's not enough diffusion on the rear engine thruster, so it's clearly 4 blue LEDs instead of a single blue band.
- Much of the paint is adequate, but the weathering behind the coolers in the back is pretty sloppy.
- The miniship doesn't open up to hold figures which seems like a wasted opportunity.
- I had to return my first set because the miniship thrust nozzles were assembled wrong, leading to a larger problem where its body panels wouldn't align (I might have been able to fix this, but it uses rubber plugs to seal the screw holes and I didn't want to find out that would void my ability to get a new one).