1up Arcade to Release Atari Star Wars Arcade Cabinet in the Fall.

Lord Malakite

Jedi Council Member
Sep 30, 2001
Williamsburg, OH
In another E3 2019 announcement, 1up Arcade announced that they were going to re-release the Atari arcade trilogy of Star Wars games (Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi) on one of their budget replica 1up Arcade Cabinets later in the fall of 2019. No price was listed, but it is expected to retail for under $400 at the usual stores 1up Arcade Cabinets are sold (like Wal-Mart). The optional Star Wars riser for the 1up Cabinet (recommended if you plan on playing the 1up Cabinet standing up like a classic Arcade Cabinet) will be an extra purchase of around $50 or so.

Last edited:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I remember years ago (maybe the mid-1990s), when I was on vacation in Ohio that someone had a classified ad for an original sit-in console of the SW game for $500. Tough to fit that in my suitcase, though. Having all 3 games in it makes this very tempting, but JT's space-and-funds comment rings true.

Lord Malakite

Jedi Council Member
Sep 30, 2001
Williamsburg, OH
I remember years ago (maybe the mid-1990s), when I was on vacation in Ohio that someone had a classified ad for an original sit-in console of the SW game for $500. Tough to fit that in my suitcase, though. Having all 3 games in it makes this very tempting, but JT's space-and-funds comment rings true.
Well, there are few nice things about 1up Arcade cabinets. While it is an expensive investment that averages $200-$400 per cabinet; they are a way cheaper purchase, on average have more games per cabinet, replacement parts are easier/cheaper to come by and they take up less physical space (due to the slightly smaller size scale) than an authentic arcade cabinet. When purchased they also come disassembled (like IKEA furniture). From my understanding that ease of being able to put them together and take them apart makes them relatively easy to transport and/or store when needed.

Last edited:

Lord Malakite

Jedi Council Member
Sep 30, 2001
Williamsburg, OH
The cabinet with the accompanying riser is currently available for pre-order on Gamestop's website for $499.99. A bit pricier than the projected price of "$400 or under" for the cabinet they touted at E3, but I guess a part that has to do with it including the riser (estimated at another $50) and the fact that its Gamestop (which tends to be a bit pricier just in general).

Last edited:

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
I suspected the riser being foisted and the 3 games meant this was going to be a cashgrab. I'm surprised they didn't require buyers to also get the lighted marquee for another hundred.

Part of me would love to have this, especially since I never saw the ESB conversion game (it came out 2 years after the ROTJ conversion game, and returned to the series' raster graphics style found in the original; it's a conversion game as it converts the existing Star Wars cabinet hardware but with a new ROM firmware and graphics) but honestly, I don't have the money or the space.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
btw, the ROTJ game looks like a total delight, and has some great voice work, especially for Lando, it seems repetitive but it adds more elements after the first play:

I never got past the initial speeder bike level because I have poor reaction timing and I was 8 when I last played this.

Lord Malakite

Jedi Council Member
Sep 30, 2001
Williamsburg, OH
If you want to go for a slightly more space saving/cheaper route to play these games with close to their arcade quality all three titles were emulated/ported onto Rebel Strike: Rogue Squadron III for the Gamecube as unlockable extras.

Reactions: JediTricks