2015 trading cards unveiled

Apr 28, 2013
Five new sets in the first eight months of 2015!!

http://icv2.com/articles/news/30503.html

The Masterpiece cards intrigue me, but I've never been crazy about the price. It's almost like Topps doesn't want the everyday collector to get these cards, IMO.

The ROTS 3D cards were unexpected. Topps did a great job with the Jedi series and the quality should be the same.

Looks like the Rebels cards will be in abundance.

The Force Awakens cards were a given. I don't expect anything other than teaser cards until next November at the earliest.

Should be some interesting handouts at Celebration 7!

Apr 28, 2013
That was the most pathetic excuse of a booth I'd ever seen. Thought about buying the exclusive ESB set but changed my mind. One of my friends did get about half of the Rebels cards from the handouts.

I tried to get a donation from the Topps reps for my club. At C6, the reps gave me a nice fat stack of promo cards at the end of the show. These guys didn't have a clue.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
A book about SW Topps cards? And less than $30? Oh, yeah!

Online book seller said:
Star Wars: The Original Topps Trading Card Series, Volume One
by Topps Company, The, Lucasfilm Ltd, Gary Gerani, Robert V. Conte

Overview

Star Wars—the original trading card series from Topps first published in 1977 and 1978—is reprinted here in its entirety for the first time, featuring all five sets of collectible cards and stickers. This deluxe compilation includes the fronts and backs of all 330 cards and 55 stickers (originally sold one per pack), including movie facts, story summaries, actor profiles, and puzzle cards featuring all your favorite characters and scenes from the very first Star Wars movie. Also features four bonus trading cards, as well as an introduction and commentary by Gary Gerani, the original editor of the Star Wars Topps series. A special afterword by Robert V. Conte spotlights the rare Star Wars Wonder Bread trading cards, also reprinted for the first time.

Product Details

ISBN-13: 9781419711725
Publisher: Abrams Comicarts
Publication date: 8/18/2015
Series: Topps Series
Pages: 548
Hardcover, $24.95

Apr 28, 2013
And it's volume one!

I will definitely buy it. I have fond memories of going to the corner neighborhood grocery store and buying packs of these cards -- and others -- and trading them on the school playground.

Apr 28, 2013
It would be awesome if it included some break-your-teeth gum (in a sealed bag, of course), too!
I attended a horror convention, Days of the Dead, today, and there were at least two vendors selling 1990s trading cards still sealed.

There was another vendor there called Don't Chew the Gum!

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Did you ever get "the" card you were looking for to complete a set, or just one that was a cool one... only to find it had been the bottom one in the pack and therefore forever stained with a rectangle of gum outline on the back? ;)

Apr 28, 2013
I remember some cards have a powdery substance on them which wiped off the cards. There might've been an outline on some of the cards.

Apr 28, 2013
That might be my Christmas present to myself now.

The ROTS 3D cards will be available for sale on Wednesday. A box is $100. Think I'll get the basic set.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
BTW, that Topps SW book's release has been pushed back to November now. :sad:
And, I was able to use a coupon and discount to drop its price by 30%. The book is smaller than I expected (maybe 6" wide by 7" tall), but it is quite nice. I don't think they needed to put one card AND its back on separate pages, yet putting together the card back puzzles was great. It includes 4 cards at the back cover, plus it shows the Wonder Bread 12-card series (front and back). Worth it? Yup.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Volume 1 is on my Christmas list. Saw it for the first time today in the stores. Very interesting.
Best part is the captions/commentary from the card series editor, and his pointing out of errors (although, this book still contains some... on purpose?). I did not realize the repetition in the card photos; makes sense now over five 66-card series.