Amazon has the dumbest recommendations

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Because I am on a book listing (me? lists? LISTS! :drool: ) site, and apparently they DO share their information with other sites somehow :rolleyes: because I got the following paraphrased email message:

Website algorithms don't get context said:
Because you liked Where the Wild Things Are, we thought maybe these trashy romance novels would be something else you'd like.

JimJamBonds

Jedi Commander
May 22, 2005
www.myspace.com
Because I am on a book listing (me? lists? LISTS! :drool: ) site, and apparently they DO share their information with other sites somehow :rolleyes: because I got the following paraphrased email message:

Website algorithms don't get context said:
Because you liked Where the Wild Things Are, we thought maybe these trashy romance novels would be something else you'd like.
So...... did they do anything for you?

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Saw a banner ad for the CA Lottery, touting their support of schools, and there were two oddities: the "problem gambling?" logo is really small and shoved in the top corner, and the pencil image to represent education is sharpened almost to the nub.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Our district is being told to "integrate technology" more in our lessons; that is great, and I'm all for it. Please give us reliable tech (meaning it will CONNECT TO THE INTERNET more days that it cannot do so) and more than two carts of laptops for ALL THE ENGLISH CLASSES (meaning all 3K+ students on campus).

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I got an email saying they had items "with [my] name all over them," which only included one of the 20-some items I would have a remote interest in looking at, let alone buying. If this AI program is what people are afraid of taking over the world, at least I won't have to worry! Unless, they're just going to spray paint "Bel-Cam Jos" all over the clothing, tech, and "pre-owned backpacks" :confused: in the message...