Best video game of all time.

Grif

Jedi Initiate
Aug 16, 2001
Hoth
What do you think is the best video game ever? It does not have to be a Star Wars game, it can be any game from the Atari up.I think the best game is Super Mario Bros. 3 for the Nintendo. I loved playing that game. My cousin and I used to play for hours. That game rocks!!!

snakeplkn

Jedi Initiate
Sep 9, 2001
Visit site
Hard to quantify the "best" video game of all time since all of the different genres and progresses in technology. I would say Super Mario 3 is up there along with Street Fighter II, which defined a whole new age in gaming. My favourite though has to be TIE Fighter. It was a engrossing saga with some memorable moments including the TIE Defender and Missile Boat. Now if they would only come out with an AT-AT simulator.

Snake Plissken
"A little human compassion"

Boba Rhett

Jedi Initiate
Aug 16, 2001
Lawton Iowa
www.lucasforums.com
Well, I don't know about best but my favs are,

SNES: A New Hope, Empire Strikes back, Return of the Jedi

N64: Goldeneye, SotE, Zelda Oot, Zelda MM, Indiana Jones

PC: Half-Life, Jedi Knight, Max Payne, Galactic Battlegrounds, Unreal Tournament, THPS2

and the most creative title award goes to: American McGees Alice

This list is subject to change any moment. :)

bibfortuna

Force Sensitive
for my old TI/99-4A - Parsec
for PC - Episode 1 Racer - a game that I can actually do well at!
for PS/2 - Grand Tourismo 3 (I can't believe the graphics)

But then, I don't play games all that often. I tend to buy them, play them once, and then never play them again, until I uninstall them a year or so later to free up room on the HDD :)

Rob

Starfig873

Jedi Initiate
Aug 16, 2001
Oklahoma
terraceroom.topcities.com
Best video game ever?

My vote goes straight to The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. I love this game more than any other, I attribute great memories to it. The music is astoundingly beautiful for a game. This game combines all of that into a long, but far from tedious, journey.

It may not be perfect in every respect of a game, but it is a special game in my mind and heart.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
In no particular order:
Spy Hunter (arcade)
Goldeneye (N64)
Zelda: Link to the Past (SNES)
Super Mario World (SNES)
Defender (arcade)
Monopoly (NES)
Dark Forces (PC)
Jedi Knight:DF2 (PC)

Huckleberry Josh

Jedi Initiate
Aug 16, 2001
Visit site
My favorite game of all time is Asteroids for the Atari 2600. My top three favorites for Playstation are Foresaken, Bushido Blade, and Metal Gear Solid.

SWAFMAN

Jedi Apprentice
fave vid/PC games...

old: RipOff - sorta space invaders-ish video arcade game. I now have on an emulator on my PC!

new(er): X-Wing and X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter - yeeeeee-freakin'-haaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Doom & Doom II - A-Maze-ing!

Quake & Quake2 - (+The Reckoning & Ground Zero)

new: Quake3 - It's Frag-o-licious! (please feel free to post referrals to any good Q3 or RA3 servers and passwords!)

preacher

Jedi Initiate
Aug 19, 2001
Visit site
Metroid III.

Man I cannot freakin' WAIT until Metroid Prime comes out. I have faith that Nintendo is not going to let this franchise turn out to be lame.

While we are talking "best video games" I submit the "worst video game" to you.

Superman 64. I sold it for a buck about a day after I got it thats how terrible it was.

bigbarada

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 15, 2001
Hillsboro, IL
www.matt-hughes.com
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons/Ages.

I've never played the two original NES Zelda games.:cry:

Other great games:
Harvest Moon (SNES)
Blast Corps (N64)
Pikmin (Gamecube)
Grim Fandango (PC)
Resident Evil: Director's Cut (PSX)
Riven (PC)
Pokemon (GameBoy)

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
NES Legend of Zelda is one of the most fun games I've ever played, it even has an alt-version of the entire game in case you get done with the first one. It's very rudamentary by today's standards, but is still a ton of fun to play and that music gets stuck in your brain.

I thought Zelda II was crappy by comparison, it was an entirely different concept, Zelda as a side-scroller totally failed IMO.

Luckily, SNES' Zelda 3: Link to the Past fixed all that by being a truly awesome game.