Big bang theory

Phantom-like Menace

Jedi Apprentice
Jul 17, 2003
The Jundland Wastes
I thought this episode was pretty great. And who made it so? Amy. Go figure. There were a couple of times I really laughed in this one, but I forgot what else I laughed at when Amy went for the innocent lesbian encounter, and Bernadette's reaction to it was funny too.

I'll have to watch for the Penny doppelganger if I watch it with everyone tonight. It was nice to have her back after her absence and reduced presence.

Phantom-like Menace

Jedi Apprentice
Jul 17, 2003
The Jundland Wastes
The latest episodes may be my favorite episode of the series, certainly my favorite of the season.

Almost everything that came out of Zach's mouth was comic gold, and the actor really showed some good comedic timing. His offering Penny Milk Duds in apology was great, but when Howard said Super Man isn't getting any I had to pause until I stopped laughing when he looked around with that goofy smile on his face only to quickly say "Oh man!" after looking down and realizing he was wearing the Super Man costume. I really didn't like him in his first appearance, and he didn't do much in the previous appearance, but he made this episode for me.

Raj's suggestions that he wear the Wonder Woman costume were disturbing, but that Aquaman costume was hilariously terrible. I can just picture them putting it together over several iterations only to send the costume people back to work with, "Can you make it look even stupider?" Penny in the Wonder Woman costume: different story. As Howard said, I wasn't looking at her hair.

I'm really liking these throw away references to Bernadette's lab situation. My favorite is that she can't watch Raiders of the Lost Ark because the face melting reminds her of a lab accident (I'm being vague here because I can't remember the exact situation--flesh eating bacteria and lab monkeys?), but quarrantined because they were doing Jello shooters out of petri dishes possibly contaminated with yellow fever is pretty good too.

I'm glad Penny took the guys down a notch for making fun of Zach. I was pretty disappointed to see them so obviously being snide. If it had just been Sheldon or even brief asides from Howard it would have been fine. Being so aggressive and obvious about it just doesn't match their characters.

JimJamBonds

Jedi Commander
May 22, 2005
www.myspace.com
I finally watched a few episodes of TBBT, its ok. That Sheldon can be funny but there can also be too much Sheldon at times (yes I realize the show revolves around him). I guess I'll continue to give it a whirl (for now).

JimJamBonds

Jedi Commander
May 22, 2005
www.myspace.com
It's been on various cable and syndication stations recently, so it's impossible to miss on TV.
Yup, syndication for this guy, although I did see the rerun on Thursday on the mother channel.

Some have said I resemble Sheldon; I'm discovering that isn't necessarily a compliment.
I see some of Sheldon in me...I'm also unsure if that is good or bad.

OC47150

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 16, 2001
New Albany, Ind.
Visit site
The last couple of eps I've been thinking about the fake trailer at the end of Mel Brooks' History of the World, Part 1: Jews in Space!!!

I hope we get to see a couple of eps with Howard in space next season.