cant stay logged in

SirSteve

Grand Master
Aug 1, 2001
www.TheForceGuide.com
BTW - the "bidx" or "openx" alert is from our advertising system. There is no threat with it but it seems your Anti-virus program is falsely alerting you.

mabudonicus

Jedi Apprentice
Jan 3, 2002
Protecting my secret identity
Just wanted to report that the problem stopped happening- tho oddly, maybe 2 days after I posted about the issue, my PC had a meltdown, so who knows, it's either the old PC was messed up, the new PC is better (which it is) or something else changed in the interim. Just figured I would report that things are running smoothly again, whatever happened

mtriv73

Jedi Apprentice
Feb 6, 2002
Visit site
I have the forums bookmarked and usually get in through there. When I come in this way I never have any issues staying logged in. When I go to the main page from the forums I have the problem everyone is describing. I have to log in to get back to the forums. The same thing happens using IE, Firefox, or the google browser on my phone.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
I have the forums bookmarked and usually get in through there. When I come in this way I never have any issues staying logged in. When I go to the main page from the forums I have the problem everyone is describing. I have to log in to get back to the forums. The same thing happens using IE, Firefox, or the google browser on my phone.
That sounds like a different problem. For a short while, SSG was using an alternate web address for the forums, www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/ before transferring it back to the subdomain name it currently uses, forums.sirstevesguide.com - the problem is that they point to the same system, but they require different cookies because of the address differences. If your bookmark points to the first URL, then you should change the bookmark to the one in the site's menu, then delete the SSG cookies in your computer and log back in.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Still have to log in each time I visit the site, whether via bookmark or the main page typed in. But at least any place I visit on this site, I don't have to re-log in. But even if I close it and come back to it, without going offline, I must type in the password (it's no prob; good for me to remind myself of my myriad of PWs every so often).