Continue the story (future ideas after TROS ends)

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Well, we've all seen The Rise of Skywalker 15-20 times already, and... wait, what? [whisper, whisper] Only one night? The preview night before the actual opening day release? Hmm. So, go with it anyways!

What throwaway lines or unfinished plotlines deserve a telling somewhere, be it comic book, novel (YA or OA [old adult? :p ], video game, streaming series, et al)? Here are mine, keeping in mind that I have only bought but not read any of the Journey to TROS books that may have already addressed some of these:

- Luke and Lando searching for Augie's [sp?] Sith-world wayfinder thingy, or any Old-Lando around the galaxy/Old-Luke ending up on Ach-to tales
- Poe as a pre-Resistance/pre-Republic smuggler
- Rey's parents (doubt this will be told with any specificity, of course)
- Gen. Hux's decision
- the Knights of Ren (totally under-utilized in this series), who might have a connection to Snoke's Praetorian Guards
- The Ghost and its pilot, Hera

Others?

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Rey's grandmother. That to me is a bigger deal than her parents. (They could really throw a curveball and make her Mara Jade.)
(Speaking of which, a truly hilarious in-joke would be to have Palpy's son, assuming his offspring was Rey's father since I don't think they said which it was, be named Trioculous. No need for an actual third eye.)

How and when Rey rebuilt the lightsaber.

How Palpatine survived, and how there was any record of the extremely specific, post-detonation whereabouts of the Wayfinder.

Why Palpatine had a Jedi Hunter working for him at such a late date. Ezra and Ahsoka are both presumed dead, the guy from Force Collector is hiding, and Luke and Leia should be all he knows about. And if he's entrusted him with such important Sith artifacts, why hasn't he been mentioned before?

Speaking of Ahsoka, we get confirmation that she is indeed dead by this point. How? And why do we not hear Ezra? Is he still alive somewhere?

What was the actual deal with the red Stormtroopers? It seemed a pointless and potentially expensive changeover.

Snoke. Sorry, this answer isn't good enough. What little we know of him so far indicates he's definitely his own person, at least to a point, and Palpatine had no idea of his existence until the time of ROTJ. Some of these stories are actually told from his perspective.

What next for everyone?

And most importantly, how did Maz get the lightsaber?!?

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
The whole concept of the Unknown Regions has been dangled out there for years; I wonder if Disney would resurrect (pun intended) the multi-year multi-book multi-author story arc to explain and describe it.

Rey gets a yellow blade in her new saber, too. Nice to know that George's there's-only-three-blade-colors-except-for-Sam-Jackson rule has been Legend-ed.

I wonder if Rey would return to Ach-to and be able to converse with/see/meet all the Jedi, like all the Sith on Exegol. Or Dagobah. Not to visit Mount Yoda ( :p ), but find out about that DARN DARK SIDE TREE CAVE!

Tycho

Sith Knight
Website
www.sirstevesguide.com
I have 3 Buried Values novels published now. I'd like to request to pitch a story about Palpatine's son, and mother, then wife, then birth of Rey.

I have an idea. If I can't write it, James Luceno should!

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
I thought of other movie lines or situations from the whole 9-episode arc, that either will be ret-conned again or still weren't addressed in the new SW fictions, that could get some treatment eventually:
- the cave on Dagobah, Yoda's first 15+ years there
- Ord Mandell bounty hunter
- Battle of Tanaab
- Fett and the Sarlaac
- Ugnaughts!
- Leia first time as Resistance General (or recruiter)
- Luke building his own green bladed saber
- Han & Chewie vs. Kanjiklub or Guavian DG, the early days
- DJ and/or Master Codebreaker (those ended real quick)
- moons of Iego
- Jango Fett & his armor
- young Anakin on Tatooine
- young Rey on Jaaku

Top Bottom