Discuss the Rogue 1 Toys revealed at Comic-Con

bigbarada

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 15, 2001
Hillsboro, IL
www.matt-hughes.com
I feel like I need a decoder ring for your post. Have you considered simply typing the words?

Anyways, the AT-ACT looks like kind of a cool design, but whether or not I buy the toy depends greatly on the cost. Anything over $100 and I will likely wait for clearance, unless the movie just completely blows me away.

I do plan to buy at least 2 of that new Stormtrooper figure, maybe a Deathtrooper or two and a couple Tank Troopers as well (assuming that they are sold individually and not just with the AT-ACT). In fact, this line might actually get me back into Army building.

Now here's hoping that we see some of the other Imperial trooper designs from Rogue One as well as a realistic 5POA TIE Fighter Pilot.

I might also buy a few of the Rebel characters, just so that my troopers have someone to gun down in cold blood. :D

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
I am usually writing my new novel got my computer and have it offline. The modem doesn't even have power plus if I turn it on manually. So by the time I get to the internet 4 Star Wars social reasons I am usually lying in bed waiting to fall asleep and I'm on my phone and the screen is so small I can't see all the words my voice to text is posting. Right now I am talking really slowly so that this gets tight trite.

The Walker looks like a kid's toy. I noticed you posted that you like kids toys in another thread. Me too. I get that and enjoy galactic heroes. But the new athe does not seem to go with the realistic-looking 5. Figures that you are interested in.

With Luke and Leia handsome different resistance soldiers Androids plus definitely more aliens from Las cuñadas Castle as well as the large noids from the resistance base and jakku. Oh and some beasts and the bigger ships like the transport from both parties and kylo Ren's shuttle.

I hope all this stuff is not overcooked because there are so many movies coming out so fast.

Apr 28, 2013
Disappointed Hasbro is going the cheap route with the 5 POA figures...again. If there are articulated figures, like the BS ones, I hope WM doesn't carry them.

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
Disappointed Hasbro is going the cheap route with the 5 POA figures...again. If there are articulated figures, like the BS ones, I hope WM doesn't carry them.
I echo these words. I have not been able to get any of the Black Series Walmart figures.

Apr 28, 2013
I've probably had more fun taking parts of some of the TFA figures and customizing them, giving articulation, etc... Will do the same with the Rogue figures.

Giving WM the exclusive BS figures was a HUGE mistake, IMO. I've been lucky and found the ones that've interested me, and passed on more of them.

bigbarada

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 15, 2001
Hillsboro, IL
www.matt-hughes.com
I collected both the 5POA and super-articulated TFA figures and I have to say that I prefer the 5POA figures. They just feel like higher quality toys to me. If the Rogue One line was going to be all SA figures at $10-$13 each, then I think it would be easy enough for me to pass up on the vast majority of the offerings (although I would buy a new Stormtrooper, but only as long as it was an all-new sculpt). However, I think that I'm going to have a hard time not buying everything if they are all 5POA figures in the $7-$8 range (although I'm going to try to limit myself to just the Imperial troopers).

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Tycho, please proof-read all posts before clicking "reply", this is really bad, to the point where it's going to have to send all your posts to moderation before they can be posted.

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
Tycho, please proof-read all posts before clicking "reply", this is really bad, to the point where it's going to have to send all your posts to moderation before they can be posted.
I am trying to speak slow and coherently to my voice to text and that is still faster than typing on a little screen on my phone and having to prove everything. Oops hit caught proof to prove.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
I am trying to speak slow and coherently to my voice to text and that is still faster than typing on a little screen on my phone and having to prove everything. Oops hit caught proof to prove.
None of that matters, all you have to do is actually proof-read it before you post it and you'll catch those. It's really easy to correct, the words should be underlined after they're voice-to-text typed, and you can even tap them to get other choices or delete. But it's to the point where people don't know what you're saying much of the time.

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
So the AT-ACT has a $299 retail price. I foresee a lot of these left for eventual clearances. Despite all the features, I suspect it will be too steep a price for most to add it to their collections.