Disney Turns Star Wars Comic License over to Marvel in 2015

Mr. JabbaJohnL

Jedi Council Member
Nov 12, 2001
Tatooine
Leia doesn't recognize Padmé? That doesn't gel with ROTJ that well, do it?
That's not the case at all. She doesn't point and shout, "Wow you guys, there's my mom!!!," but she doesn't just pass by without taking note.

In the comic, Leia passes by what looks like a stained glass portrait of Padmé in her full Queen Amidala makeup from TPM, in the red gown from the start of the film. The portrait shows Padmé in profile, and Leia imagines that Padmé turns and looks at her, says something to the effect of "that woman..." and then shakes it off and moves on.

If anything, this helps reinforce what Leia says in ROTJ—all she has of her mother is images and feelings, and here she literally sees an image and gets a feeling. (Though if she knew what Padmé looked like without makeup, and then saw a stylized interpretation of her with the heavy makeup, I don't think anyone would fault her for not seeing the connection.) So it's possible that this sort of thing has happened to her before, or that she can sense some kind of connection between them, similar to how she "always" knew that Luke was her brother. That's how I explain the discrepancy between ROTS and ROTJ—Leia can sense familial connections better than Luke can.

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
I figured I'd wait until TFA to see if it was worth investing time into the E-nU, since there'd not be so much that it would be insurmountable. Of the comics, I've read Shattered Empire and Leia so far. Both good; I can't say they're better than the best Dark Horse material, but two solid SW series from about the same time (maybe more; I haven't read any of Vader or the SW ongoing) is already a far more consistent record than Dark Horse could manage.

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
You remember what I just posted in response to your post about Bruticus's butt, Tycho? Not joking; I really can't figure out what got autocorrected to "Llama series."

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
Oh boy! I was parts in my vehicle waiting for my friend to run a quick errand and pick up her dry cleaning on our way to dinner. I had only a couple minutes to post and I got online to pass a few minutes.

Mr. JabbaJohnL

Jedi Council Member
Nov 12, 2001
Tatooine
I figured I'd wait until TFA to see if it was worth investing time into the E-nU, since there'd not be so much that it would be insurmountable. Of the comics, I've read Shattered Empire and Leia so far. Both good; I can't say they're better than the best Dark Horse material, but two solid SW series from about the same time (maybe more; I haven't read any of Vader or the SW ongoing) is already a far more consistent record than Dark Horse could manage.
I'm a few months behind, but the Lando miniseries was great. The SW ongoing is also consistently very good, aside from some fanwanky stuff here and there early on. I enjoy how Vader connects to Anakin's past, but the art is not my favorite. Kanan, Leia, and Chewbacca are all pretty good but I wouldn't call them outstanding.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
There is the potential for great greatness tomorrow: Poe #1 comes out, but there's a variant cover... with Jaxxon in his X-Wing!?! :eek: :pleased: I hope there are still copies when I make it to the shop.