Disneyland taking SW:Galaxy's Edge reservations on May 2nd

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
May 2nd at 10am Pacific Time they'll start taking reservations, and they say the same day at 8am they'll explain how it'll work (this is a very dumb way to do it, explain only 2 hours prior, hoping your awful website database will be able to handle the massive influx of demand). More non-details on the official disney parks blog.

Note that it says "or book hotel reservations to guarantee," that's ridiculous, the hotels for the month that reservations are required have been sold out since the day they announced this. Also, word is that folks with those hotel reservations got emails this morning confirming their SW:GE access reservations for dates other than they are booked, including dates before the land is open.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
"Your computer has the most peculiar dialect... That way is much too rocky... Oh, he excels at it, sir... How horrid...Typical...How rude!"

Yeah. Disney, for all its business acumen, has. No. Idea.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
The system was designed as a lottery, each page was on auto-refresh with odds of 1:2000 per refresh of getting into the reservation system. It took 1 hour and 45 minutes to completely exhaust reservations for the 3 and a half weeks. Reservation windows overlapped by an hour each. Several folks missed the part about adding your guests' names, and reservations are non-modifiable, so those folks will be going in alone.

Some of us got reservations. Some of them were for opening day.

Reactions: Maradona

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
It will get you onto the ride faster, but it bypasses the pre-show with Hondo.

I posted my mega-review and trip report in its own thread, but the short version is it was a fantastic time and great to go with some of my friends from here!

Reactions: Maradona

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
July is generally a pretty busy month, so stick to middle of the week (not 4th of July week of course), the 10th might be your best bet. It would be advisable to go early so as to improve chances of getting into GE. It's not yet known how that's going to go, the plan is a virtual queue where you check in, and when enough people leave they let you know on your phone that you have 2 hours to get there, then you can stay as long as you want.

Let us know, some of the forumites are Annual Passholders, myself included obviously.

Reactions: Tycho

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
The site looks messed up on my phone. The Forest guide site. I am using Google Chrome.
There's your first problem, Tycho. It's The Force Guide .com (that other site is about trees and their social media groups). :p

JT's wonderful breakdown of opening day (and night) in the other thread made me wonder if my world-will-come-to-an-end cynicism of Disney's planning is off-base.