ESB Illistrated Cards

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I've been reading them (up to Han in carbonite now), and compared to the ANH set, this one's artwork is MUCH better. The two artists alternate cards: one takes screen shots from the film and gives them an impressionistic look, while the other takes interesting angles and compositions.

Will there be radio versions of the prequels to make into card sets someday? Satellite radio versions (or Radio Disney? :eek: ) of the Disney-owned films, too?

Apr 28, 2013
Bought a set of the basic cards this weekend. Wasn't expecting to find them. And you're right, Bel-Cam the artwork is great. I've only read the back of a few cards, the ones before the movie starts, but I like what I've read.

Like you, I might have to track down a chase set. Would like to see what the year before cards look like.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Bought a set of the basic cards this weekend. Wasn't expecting to find them. And you're right, Bel-Cam the artwork is great. I've only read the back of a few cards, the ones before the movie starts, but I like what I've read.

Like you, I might have to track down a chase set. Would like to see what the year before cards look like.
I got a Year Before for another great deal (under $3 plus shipping), and I realized I never got the entire ANH chase set of the same. This one was okay (some were almost the same text on the card backs, and interestingly some used EU names and scenarios... including the Marvel newspaper strip! ).

p.s. I shall eagerly await Tuesday!

Apr 28, 2013
I only have 4 of the ANH year before series, but they're interesting. Something else to work on completing.