Explain your signature line.

2-1B

Jedi Knight
Aug 18, 2001
Visit site
I get a kick out of reading these!

Some I recognize as direct quotes from films, others are jokes that I get, and then there are some that I . . . uh . . . don't really get.

And so I ask, what is your inspiration for these bits?

I borrowed mine from the documentary, From Star Wars to Jedi. I always laugh at the Jabba operator who states that "The smoke from this cigar is for Jabba. If I was drinking for him, it'd be the perfect job." It served as a running joke with some friends years ago in high school.

Please share !

QLD

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 16, 2001
Georgia
If anyone needs an explanation of mine, well, there isn't much I can do for you.

Grif

Jedi Initiate
Aug 16, 2001
Hoth
Mine was in a comic in a Toyfare magazine. Jex Porkins was the real Jedi Knight and this line was said my Vader.

Grif

Jedi Initiate
Aug 16, 2001
Hoth
Alrighty. Mine did not save. It says "Khoo-Ha... Please Pass The Jelly" when it does work.

evenflow

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 16, 2001
Visit site
Well, I have two short quotes.

"It can't rain all the time" is from the Crow. It basically represents life. Times may be rough, but it doesn't last forever. Just with stand the pain, and evenutally you will be stronger for it.

"Quote the Raven, nevermore" is from Edgar Allen Poe. It is also used by the wrestler Raven. Just a cool saying and fits my occupation.

Mandalorian Candidat

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 16, 2001
Everywhere you want to be
Visit site
Actually evenflow it's supposed to be "Quoth the Raven, Nevermore." But I guess Poe had a slightly different way of conjugating his verbs. Perhaps he was nipping at his cask of amontillado whilst penning that poem.

But, I digress...

I derived my tag line from that 90's hit video game Zero Wing and its signature "All your base are belong to us." I guess a ghostwriter credit should go to BCJ3 for bringing it to our collective attention in the old forums.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I derived my tag line from that 90's hit video game Zero Wing and its signature "All your base are belong to us." I guess a ghostwriter credit should go to BCJ3 for bringing it to our collective attention in the old forums.
Sorry, Mand Can, I'd love to take credit for that, but you must have me confused with someone else. I'm Roger Murdock; I'm the co-pilot. :D Seriously, I have never heard of Zero Wing, so some other SSG poster must'a brought it up.

My quote is a combination of Back to the Future character Marty McFly and another famous "Mc" character, What's-My-First-Name MacGyver, known for fishing with gum wrappers, magnetizing metal pens, and creating TNT powder from his dandruff. If only the two guys could meet... :p

Eternal Padawan

Jedi Apprentice
This is my 100th post!!

Macgyver's first name was Stace.

Stace MacGyver.

Yup. It was a trivia question I lost years ago and it stuck in my head ever since.

As for my signature...very well. There was a movie that came out in 1985 called "Mischief" starring Kelly "wife of John Travolta" Preston and a bunch of people whos careers went nowhere. At the beginning of the film a caption comes up that says "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....Ohio, 1956" I borrowed the caption and replaced galaxy with forum in honor of the old forums where I was an Eternal Padawan, along with a whole host of other snappy posters. So that's where I got my signature :p

2-1B

Jedi Knight
Aug 18, 2001
Visit site
Did Lucas bring a lawsuit? I'd be surprised if he didn't . . .

Anyway, is it Stace as in rhymes with Mace, or Stace with a long "E" as in Stacy Keach?

evenflow

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 16, 2001
Visit site
I know it is supposed to be quotH, but for some reason I like the way quote sounds better. It's just me though.

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
I just changed mine. The old one was from a GNR song; the new one is based on one of the worst lines in Star Wars history. You figure it out.