Extended Sneak Peek at Star Wars Resistance

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
This show looks awful. I don't care for the art style, cel shading looks downright bad. The story so far feels like a trifle. I want to like, but with Filoni stepping away from day-to-day producing on it, and these previews just not sticking the landing, I am worried.

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
The first three episodes are available on demand. They would be half hour but the first episode is one hour long and also set up to be in two parts on demand.

The two shows following the pilot are better. It feels like Rebels before that show got pretty serious. Right now I'm just going with the flow but I do not dislike it. However more and more I see that Clone Wars was made for adults. It is a far superior show and I am glad it is coming back

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I see that Disney XD has them running throughout the next week or so. I have only seen "The Runaways" so far; the rest are queued up in the DVR, too (IIRC, it is 4 other episodes). I would use the dreaded "okay" rating.

[edit] Just saw "The Recruit: Part 1," which I assume is the first episode, right? I love that several movie actors are providing their characters' voices here.

[edit part deux] Apparently, my DVR recorded "The Runaways" and "The Children of Tehar" which upon viewing, were the same episode. I have now seen four: the above one, parts 1 & 2 of The Recruit, and "The Triple Dark." The last one has even less reality than some of the Rebels episodes (Landing on metal from dozens of feet above, with momentum, and it's as if he fell on a pillow? Being blasted by ship cannons, and you just fly through the air? Landing on a ship's canopy, and you don't fly off or even have to struggle to hold on? Hmm.). The music isn't as good as I had hoped for (it doesn't stand out, it really doesn't become an additional actor, like Williams' often created, in scenes.

I am not really impressed.

Last edited:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Unless this coming week's episode (that includes Poe! as shown in the promo) changes the tone, the previous Gilligan's Island/Hogan's Heroes style of this series is getting old fast for me.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
The season finale was both outrageous in its unrealistic action and fun in its excitement. I wonder exactly how it will go, and if they'll wait until after E9 to make some connections to that film.