Fan made replicas and helmets

Snowtrooper

Jedi Apprentice
Sep 14, 2006
Here's my RS Scout trooper helmet 49 of 100 signed Dickey Beer edition. I was glad to finally get this thing. I had originally purchased the efx LE a few years ago, but it kept getting delayed and I finally gave up on it and got my money back. People are still waiting for it I guess. I then ordered the RS version and they had their own problems and delays, but I finally got it tail end of last year. It was well worth the wait as this is very well made. It feels very solid and not cheap when you pick it up. I chose the weathered version. The pics make it look like it is very dark but in reality, its alot lighter. The visor lifts up as you would expect, but I don't move it to the top very much since I don't want to mess up the hinge. I didn't take a picture of it, but they glued in reinforcement strips all the way down the middle of the inside of the helmet and the visor as well. I know some people are going to hate having the reinforcement strip on the visor since its not movie accurate, but I hardly notice it and I don't mine sacrificing a little movie accuracy for more durability. After all the delays, its great to have this in my collection.

Attachments

jkno

Jedi Apprentice
Dec 17, 2002
Dracula's Castle
smg.photobucket.com
Here's my RS Scout trooper helmet 49 of 100 signed Dickey Beer edition. I was glad to finally get this thing. I had originally purchased the efx LE a few years ago, but it kept getting delayed and I finally gave up on it and got my money back. People are still waiting for it I guess. I then ordered the RS version and they had their own problems and delays, but I finally got it tail end of last year. It was well worth the wait as this is very well made. It feels very solid and not cheap when you pick it up. I chose the weathered version. The pics make it look like it is very dark but in reality, its alot lighter. The visor lifts up as you would expect, but I don't move it to the top very much since I don't want to mess up the hinge. I didn't take a picture of it, but they glued in reinforcement strips all the way down the middle of the inside of the helmet and the visor as well. I know some people are going to hate having the reinforcement strip on the visor since its not movie accurate, but I hardly notice it and I don't mine sacrificing a little movie accuracy for more durability. After all the delays, its great to have this in my collection.
Congrats, very cool helmet! :thumbsup:
The visor strip is screen accurate.

SWH_Biker_scout_trooper_16.jpg

jkno

Jedi Apprentice
Dec 17, 2002
Dracula's Castle
smg.photobucket.com
A new airsoft Stormtrooper blaster on ehobbyasia.com is up for sale: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/s-t-e11-blaster-aeg.html#.WIrtOVyqlcg But the scope seems to be upside down and the seam on top is distracting, the t-tracks are too short and they missed some holes, and the wires look bad. The Hengstler counter is way too backwards and doesn't look too good either, at least the back part. It has the same fat grips and long endcap like all airsoft Sterlings so far. Not impressed.

2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

Forgot to say the E-11 scope is also way too in the back, a couple centimeters more and it would have been off the blaster. How hard is for these companies to make a decently accurate Stormtrooper blaster, or at least a decent looking Sterling - may it be a L2A3 based or a C1 based, but not a combo of the two? It's not like they cannot have enough images of good E-11 or Sterlings out there, considering present internet access... In some aspects the Hasbro blaster looks better

E-11 Stormtrooper Blaster comparison.jpg

Snowtrooper

Jedi Apprentice
Sep 14, 2006
The way the scope and counter fits is a deal breaker for me. I can live with a few inaccuracies, but thats too much. Like you said, there is plenty of good source material for this. There is no reasons they shouldn't have gotten it right

Snowtrooper

Jedi Apprentice
Sep 14, 2006
This is my 1:1 ANH Vader. I can't say I'm done with it yet, but I have it far enough along now that it is displayable. Here is a rundown of what its made up of.

Helmet: efx LE. I got one off the RPF a few years ago relatively cheap, especially compared to what they want nowdays.

Armor: I'm a little embarrassed about this. This is from anarchydesign. I didn't find out until recently that he is a recaster. If I had known, I would've bought a different set. Anyways, it still looks pretty nice and the paintjob I did turned out very well.

Chestbox: Portumac. Its done very well, except that the coin slots are not very accurate. They should be bigger and spaced further apart. I may modify it at some point down the road with some more accurate ones.

Belt and boxes: Portumac. These are also very well done. The only fault I could find is that the boxes might be a bit on the narrow side. They light up, but I didn't take a pic of that.

Shins: Korbanth. Made of ABS and are supposed to have some lineage to the originals.

Cod: Artisian Props. Supposed to be the best one out there.

Leather suit: Fenix props, three piece version. Very happy with the leather suit, but I probably needed to wrinkle it up. Not that big of a deal though.

Inner and outer cape: Korbanth. Made up of a faux wool with a satin liner and a plastic cape chain. I was a little worried about the length when I purchased it, but it ended up being just right. I have it displayed with the armor over the inner robe. This is just a preference of mine, since I like to see more of the armor.

Boots: Russian army officer boots. Picked these up from some gal in the Ukraine. They fit extremely tight over the calves of the dummy, so much so that I ended up having to pull the leather suit over the top of the boot since there was no chance of pulling the boot up over the suit. The shin armor hides it really well and you don't notice it unless your really looking for it.

Mannequin: I don't remember what brand it is. Its not the same proportions that Prowse was. You can tell by the spacing of the chestbox from the armor and the belt.(should be the same distance I think) I had to add some padding to it because it was a bit on the skinny side. The height ended up being 6'7", which I think is close to what Prowse was when he wore the suit.

Its definitely not going to win a prize for ultra accuracy and there are improvements to be made. Nonetheless, I absolutely love this thing and find myself just sitting and staring at it rather than the tv. I think back to when I was a kid, how thrilled I would've been to have something like this sitting in my room.

Attachments

Snowtrooper

Jedi Apprentice
Sep 14, 2006
Thanks JJB. It was a fun experience. I wouldn't mind doing more full size displays, but room is limited and so is my wife's tolerance.:chuncky:

Snowtrooper

Jedi Apprentice
Sep 14, 2006
I love the lighting in the display case. Very museum quality look to it. Makes it look like you should have an enormous diamond sitting in the middle of it.:)

Snowtrooper

Jedi Apprentice
Sep 14, 2006
Forgot to ask. What brand is it and is it available in the US? I have a 1:1 Giger Big Chap alien on pre order which I was going to put under glass and this might be and excellent way to display it.

Snowtrooper

Jedi Apprentice
Sep 14, 2006
Its absolute perfection, or pretty damn close. I love the weathered look and the wrinkled cowl. RS really hit this one out of the park. Granted this is one of the simpler helmets to reproduce, but I think they really hit all the details of it. I've had mine for about a month and can't stop looking at it.

Snowtrooper

Jedi Apprentice
Sep 14, 2006
Nice pics. Not that the laws is bad, but you can definitely see the differences when they are side by side. I have a comparison pic of the anovos and RS but it won't let me load the pic because of size so I'll have to figure out something.