Favorite traditional (or non) Christmas songs

Apr 28, 2013
Nov. 1, the easy-listening radio station started playing Christmas music. It's the earliest that I can remember.

Apr 28, 2013
I've been aiming to post this for a while: the local radio station that plays all Christmas music started on Oct. 30. It was billed as no trick, but a treat for you.

So that makes 57 days of Christmas music.

Today's been the appropriate day for it, though. There's three inches of snow on the ground.

The two local soft rock stations both reversed a trend of playing Christmas music earlier and earlier this year.

Both started on November 1st of last year switching to all Christmas. This year, the edgier of the 2 stations didn't switch over until this past weekend. The other one is still playing its normal format and will switch on Thanksgiving.

And there is 6 feet of snow on the ground in those areas.

Apr 28, 2013
I ordered three of Ray Conniff and the Ray Conniff Singers' Christmas CDs. These albums came out in the 50s and 60s, and growing up in the 70s and 80s I have memories of listening to them at Grandma's house. Brings back good memories.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I guess I never went down the digital dial a couple stations to the "Holidays and Happenings" channel. They've got some great variety of Christmas songs: first time I listened to it, the first 4 songs were versions I'd never heard before.

Apr 28, 2013
Going to work Tuesday morning, heard a Christmas comedy song: I farted on Santa's lap. Funniest thing I'd heard in a long time. About a little boy who held it in as long as he could.

I was shocked to learn that my one stepson hadn't heard of Seymour Swine's Blue Christmas! I fixed that.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
On the drive up to my gal's family for Christmas eve in full-on rush-hour traffic, just as my mood started to really dip, a DJ played the hook to "Here Comes Fatty Claus" and made my drive that much better. It's mildly NSFW.