Felicity Jones is playing...

Mr. JabbaJohnL

Jedi Council Member
...a Rebel soldier. That's what Gareth Edwards revealed at Celebration Anaheim, and that's all we know about her character.

But since she's the only officially announced cast member, most of the rumors about this movie have swirled around her and who she's playing. For some reason, they've involved her being a Mandalorian. First the rumors said she'd be Sabine, and now El Mayimbe (formerly of Latino Review fame) is saying that she'll be the daughter of Boba Fett.

Now, Jones is 31 years old, but could conceivably play someone younger. Sabine is currently 16 on Star Wars Rebels, and Rogue One seems like it will take place a few years later, so Jones would have to be able to pass for around 20, which is pushing it. (Was she supposed to be high school-aged in Amazing Spider-Man 2? I haven't seen it so I don't know.) Sabine's design portrays her as Asian, while Felicity Jones is about as white as Wonder bread. So I don't think that's very possible.

Boba Fett was born around the events of TPM, so he's about 32 in ANH. Now, how could he possibly have a 31-year-old daughter? Even giving him a 16-year-old daughter would be a little much, and I can't see LFL or Disney wanting to portray Boba as a teen father. The race factor is another obvious sign that this won't be the case, as Jango and Boba were played by Maori actors and, despite rumors to the contrary, that's still very much the clone of Jango Fett under the helmet in the OT.

So maybe Felicity Jones will end up being a Mandalorian after all. But Sabine, or Bobbi Fett? Nah.

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
I'm guessing the Sabine rumor got started somehow, and some internet site trying to trump another saw she had a Mandalorean helmet and inflated it to Boba Fett's daughter.

Top Bottom