Final Rogue One Trailer Released

Mr. JabbaJohnL

Jedi Council Member
Here's our news story on it, and here's the direct YouTube link.

First of all, this looks AMAZING! Some of the shots that really stand out to me are the fallen Jedi statue, the AT-ST looking just like the ROTJ models, and the space battle—likely the one mentioned in the crawl to ANH!

While the previous trailers mostly gave a sense of the feel and style of the film, this one tells much more of the plot. We now know why Jyn is recruited by the Rebellion, and even why the film is called Rogue One. We also know that the film will show a young Jyn (which was also shown in the Celebration Europe trailer that was not officially released), even though flashbacks are very unusual to Star Wars (though we have seen a few).

It's interesting seeing what look like many well-dressed people in that briefing room—including what looks like General Dodonna and maybe the back of Bail Organa. Maybe they've convened senators loyal to the rebellion to tell them of their plans, which would also tie the film into the Senate's dissolution during ANH.

The shot of Vader confirms that, for at least some of the film, his inner cloak will indeed go over his shoulder armor as in ANH and Rebels. Many licensing images and products show the opposite, so maybe we'll see both looks, similar to how we'll see Saw Gerrera with both trailer hairstyles. Maybe Vader will show up in the flashback with the ROTS-style configuration, and later with the ANH style.

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
I'm excited. The scope of the trailer is really expansive and I can hardly contain my anticipation for this film.

Snowtrooper

Sith Apprentice
This one has got me revved up. Can't wait for December. Its great to see some of the familiar people and vehicles we grew up with back in action along with some new ones.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
I clicked on a link labeled the newest trailer, and it sure seemed like I'd seen this one before. Yep; it was the first. Once I found the real killer one, it was excellent. I know I'll see it on opening day... and perhaps one or more times after. :D

Snowtrooper

Sith Apprentice
I remember reading a post somewhere that there was going to be no opening crawl. But it was awhile ago.

Snowtrooper

Sith Apprentice
A long time ago?

I heard the no-crawl thing, too. That would be weird (might even get some boos in early showings?).
It was several months ago. I googled it just now and it still says no opening crawl. It will have the "a long time ago......" but no crawl, apparently keeping that for the main SW films. I'm sure its gonna upset a few people.

DarkJedi5

Sith Apprentice
Website
Visit site
It will certainly be jarring, but I know I'll learn to deal with it. Perhaps somewhat ironically, I'm pretty sure that almost every Star Wars console video game released in the last few decades has had some sort of a crawl and I've always found it irritating.

Snowtrooper

Sith Apprentice
It'll be odd for me, but definitely not a deal breaker.

Been reading different stories on the 'net about how the trailers and the actual movie are different. One theory is some of these scenes (the Scarif battle scenes, in particular) were shot just for the trailers.

I don't buy that. Just too many complicated scenes to have been filmed for just a trailer.

Thoughts?

Top Bottom