Finally watching Clone Wars

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
How did I put off watching this for almost a decade? (Okay, the movie was decent at best, and the marketing put a lot of emphasis on Ahsoka and made her seem like a forced entry to the Saga.)

This show is a freaking masterpiece.

We're watching in order (which is a mess--did they have a lot of standalone episodes that they later decided to expand on, or was someone smoking crack?). Everything is completed up through "Nightsisters" (and I already know some of what to expect here).

I do have to say, there are several "continuity farts" in relaton to the EU, buy that's not an issue anymore. (Figuring out how Sy Snootles, Bossk, and Greedo got much older, while Barriss Offee got younger, would be a particular headache that no longer applies.)

I especially like ditching (though it was probably initially just severely downplaying) Aurra Sing's Padawan backstory. Otherwise she's too similar to a cross between Grievous and Assaj.

I'm also shocked by how much I love Ahsoka Tano.

Looking forward to the rest. Especially Maul, since I know from Rebels how his story ends.

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
The show got better with every season and I particularly like a Yoda-centric group of episodes near the every end of the series (spoilers: Yoda makes it to the end of the series).

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
This seems pretty official. ;)

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

I did look on Wookieepedia for placement of the Forces of Destiny episodes. We backtracked and watched the first 21 episodes of the micro-series when Assaj showed up out of nowhere in the third episode and clearly had had prior run-ins with the heroes. (I wasn't sure if this would get into her backstory, and, what little we have seen in the Dathomir arc jives 100% with the micro-series. Also, I know this will cut off well before the Nelvaan arc of the micro-series.)

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I wondered if the main site was the primary (only) source. I've only ever watched them as they were released, then relied on my memory to piece it together "properly." More power to you; sounds quite fun and interesting!

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
Regarding "Wookiee Hunt":

Chewbacca definitely kept in contact with Obi-Wan and/or Yoda. Obi-Wan meeting him in the Cantina was not coincidence.

I wouldn't be surprised if Obi-Wan or Yoda asked Chewie to "encourage" Han to dump a load of spice, knowing that would result in Han coming immediately to Tatooine, where his Jedi sympathizer copilot could "meet" a certain guy needing a ride to Alderaan....