First Trailer On Good Morning America on 4/7/2016

Mad Slanted Powers

Jedi Commander
May 20, 2002
Bellingham, WA
www.madslantedpowers.com
This article is a fun look at the different depictions of how the Rebels stole the Death Star plans in Legends, and how they tried to make them fit together.

've seen a lot of people mentioning Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors (whose name doesn't sound dissimilar to Jyn Erso), which is interesting given that Dark Forces' depiction was simply the game's first mission, largely unrelated to the rest of the plot.
Yeah, I guess it doesn't bother me if Kyle is not involved in this plot, but I hope he eventually appears. From this trailer, I think the movie might do a good job of combining elements from the various stories. It should be great.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I had a couple dreams last night that I was at the opening day for this. It was bad: commercials took most of the time, film was about 5 minutes long total, people were switching seats throughout. I sure hope the actual movie's MUCH better than that! :D

Mad Slanted Powers

Jedi Commander
May 20, 2002
Bellingham, WA
www.madslantedpowers.com
I had a couple dreams last night that I was at the opening day for this. It was bad: commercials took most of the time, film was about 5 minutes long total, people were switching seats throughout. I sure hope the actual movie's MUCH better than that! :D
I remember having a dream before Episode I (I think long before we knew anything about it). It was a similar experience. Lots of people talking so it was hard to hear and focus on the movie. Then I was too tired and falling asleep. Fortunately, that never actually happened, and I really enjoyed TPM. However, the second or third time I saw it, there was a crying baby and some technical difficulties.

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
The footage shown today looked good. Hard to judge the eventual quality of a film from behind the scenes imagery, but the design work seems strong.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
The footage shown today looked good. Hard to judge the eventual quality of a film from behind the scenes imagery, but the design work seems strong.
I was thrown off with that boom camera in the first shot, before I realized that wasn't (I hope) in the film itself. Rest of it is cool. I don't think I've ever seen stormtroopers wade in water before.

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
The new trailer looks amazing. Oh, how I wish the action figure market of 2006-2009 still existed. Imagine how many great figures we might get from this film...

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Disney should allow Hasbro to release figures after major trailers like this. That would be great synergy. Also Hasbro should make great figures, that'd be a good call.

Anyway, new trailer looks good, doesn't have a hint of "lightness, four-quadrant appeal" that the rumors suggested. Doesn't seem vastly different than the last trailer tho.

I'm not sure I can get behind the U-wing tho.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I was surprised at the Space Balls crossover with that last image.

Interesting to see how "easy" it is for Star Destroyers and a certain that's-no-moon station to get into planets' atmospheres.

Snowtrooper

Sith Apprentice
Sep 14, 2006
I really liked the trailer. Its neat to see all the OT vehicles and troopers back in action. The only bad thing was there were no lightsabers in it, which makes it feel a little less Star Warsy

bigbarada

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 15, 2001
Hillsboro, IL
www.matt-hughes.com
As odd as it sounds, I'm a bit sick of seeing lightsaber duels in Star Wars movies. I was never all that enamored with them to begin with, but we had so many lightsabers being swung around for no good reason during the Prequels that I don't ever "need" to see a lightsaber duel ever again.

Although, I doubt it will happen, I would love for Rogue One to be the first Star Wars movie that doesn't feature a single lightsaber. Even with Darth Vader in the film, if he isn't being confronted by a Jedi, then there should be no reason for him to ignite his saber.

Mr. JabbaJohnL

Jedi Council Member
Nov 12, 2001
Tatooine
I was surprised at the Space Balls crossover with that last image.

Interesting to see how "easy" it is for Star Destroyers and a certain that's-no-moon station to get into planets' atmospheres.
AOTC and ROTS both showed Star Destroyers in atmosphere.