Free Comic Book Day

Apr 28, 2013
It sucks that there's no SW comic this year. I'll still go to the comic shop just to check things out.

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
I was thinking about heading to Frank and Sons this FCBD since there's an animation show and it's close to my mom's place. Not sure if I'll make it, though. There isn't really anything coming out that is very interesting.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
It must be because there are no comic book films out this year to tie into.
I just got your joke. :p

Deadpool

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Captain America: Civil War

X-Men: Apocalypse

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

Batman: The Killing Joke (animated, direct-to-video)

Suicide Squad

Doctor Strange

Yup, nothing for them to promote on FCBD, nothing to tie in to new audiences' interests. Nothing to see here, folks.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
For the first time in a couple years, there WILL be a Star Wars comic (but interestingly, NOT from Marvel) for FCBD, which by date is Cinco de Mayo, or a fortnight away. I may stop by and brave the lines and hope the weather's good.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
It was hot outside, so I didn't "brave the lines," just stopped by about 2-3 hours after the events had started. Actually, the SW comic's pretty good (it's early Han & Chewie versus some well-known bounty hunter(s) for a, well, bounty). I picked up a couple others, mainly as gifts to other people (skimmed through them; they were okay). The nice Batman pin was an unexpected bonus. The lack of parking anywhere near the event closest to me meant I drove farther away to try two other shops.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Don't forget: not only is May the 4th some obscure 70s movie pun, it's FCBD. Today!

I'll edit this to add what I get, or if there's anything worthwhile to add.
[edit] Well, the Robotech comic was sold-out at both shops I tried (including the one where the line wasn't as long as thought that any books would be gone). Oh well. The SW one looks cool (many of them over the years have had so-so covers).

Last edited: