Han only available w products a mistake?

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
I get what Hasbro tried to do. I don't know how it is going to play out.

Han, the main character, only has figures available with the force link device for something around $20 or more, or the land speeder which is almost $30.

Parents are looking at the $7.99 price range. Kids can only play with Chewie, some stormtroopers, Qi'ra - girl in a boy's toy line that is resistant to girl figures at the young age group since the lonely men who like to buy women action figures will go for the higher-end Black Series. ( I've met a handful of these types of lonely grown men in comic book stores ).

Now I have morloch and he's a great figure, but he's second wave and I have fear that with the reputation the movie has (low ticket sales - the actual movie is awesome) that it will be harder to get to Waves 3 and 4 with characters like Beckett and Vos.

Additional Han figure is also included with the Falcon, a very under sized and over-priced toy. I would have almost gotten this except that it was a one-seat cockpit. The features are actually fun and it looked like a great buy, though I would want a greater detailed cooler looking nose cone ship. We barely saw a glimpse of it independent of the Falcon in the movie so I cannot tell you if it has a cool design. The toys do not.

So how do you play Han Solo as a kid with the cheaper action figures that have less points of articulation? You can't.

What about Lando? Well let's not be babies about walking on eggshells. While it is nice to see a growing audience of different ethnicities becoming fans - I met a black parent who was buying black action figures for his son and really praised Star Wars for its variety - the number of Finn Action Figures that Pegwarm might be indicative of racism.

I can't actually even theorize that with certainty. Billy Dee Williams and Mace Windu action figures do very well.

Some of the Good Ol Boy America will not like Donald Glover's music lately and might take exception to him and their kids playing with his figure. I have no idea what the situation with Finn is, as I think he's a good character. But the backlash against Kathleen Kennedy's SJW ( social justice Warrior ) agenda (note, this is totally NON-OFFENSIVE to Star TREK fans for whom their genre was created to show a more fair and balanced world) - might have comprised those who felt threatened that Finn was going to be the lead Jedi in a Luke Skywalker sense. Only it turned out to be Rey, which equally offended the good old boys.

Getting back to the action figure that had Lando packaged with the Kessel guard - a figure some might want to Army build while not building an army of Lando's.

This leaves Hasbro in a position to push their own agenda with the force link stuff. I actually think it's very cool because on top of everything you do not have batteries leaking in vehicles because the batteries go in the wrist device. For boxed collectors this is very nice (I am not a boxed collector, but this is a smart approach).

It also sells their vehicles. The Falcon and the land speeder.

There is going to be a black series 3 3/4 inch Han Solo. But it should have been released now! Maybe they want to push the 6in? Well it does nothing for their 3 and 3/4 Five Point articulation line but hurts it out of the gate.

And there is no information about a Lando 3 3/4 inch black series coming anytime soon. They are repackaging Cassian Andor.

(Cassian needs 2 figures never made: Imperial Officer, tan shirt/officer pants - Scarrif, final battle when he shoots at Krennic)

The 3 and 3/4 in super articulated Market will remember Rogue One.

Kids might have forgotten K2SO, or the child old enough to get their first Star Wars figures today is not old enough to have even seen Rogue One in the theater.

In conclusion, there should have been another Han - Vandor snow coat? Mudtrooper uniform? Available right away in the 3 and 3/4 first wave of Five Point articulation figures.

I don't want this to stall the line. The solution is to get it out as fast as possible.

Your thoughts?

Feb 13, 2018
I get what Hasbro tried to do. I don't know how it is going to play out.

Han, the main character, only has figures available with the force link device for something around $20 or more, or the land speeder which is almost $30.

Parents are looking at the $7.99 price range. Kids can only play with Chewie, some stormtroopers, Qi'ra - girl in a boy's toy line that is resistant to girl figures at the young age group since the lonely men who like to buy women action figures will go for the higher-end Black Series. ( I've met a handful of these types of lonely grown men in comic book stores ).

Now I have morloch and he's a great figure, but he's second wave and I have fear that with the reputation the movie has (low ticket sales - the actual movie is awesome) that it will be harder to get to Waves 3 and 4 with characters like Beckett and Vos.

Additional Han figure is also included with the Falcon, a very under sized and over-priced toy. I would have almost gotten this except that it was a one-seat cockpit. The features are actually fun and it looked like a great buy, though I would want a greater detailed cooler looking nose cone ship. We barely saw a glimpse of it independent of the Falcon in the movie so I cannot tell you if it has a cool design. The toys do not.

So how do you play Han Solo as a kid with the cheaper action figures that have less points of articulation? You can't.

What about Lando? Well let's not be babies about walking on eggshells. While it is nice to see a growing audience of different ethnicities becoming fans - I met a black parent who was buying black action figures for his son and really praised Star Wars for its variety - the number of Finn Action Figures that Pegwarm might be indicative of racism.

I can't actually even theorize that with certainty. Billy Dee Williams and Mace Windu action figures do very well.

Some of the Good Ol Boy America will not like Donald Glover's music lately and might take exception to him and their kids playing with his figure. I have no idea what the situation with Finn is, as I think he's a good character. But the backlash against Kathleen Kennedy's SJW ( social justice Warrior ) agenda (note, this is totally NON-OFFENSIVE to Star TREK fans for whom their genre was created to show a more fair and balanced world) - might have comprised those who felt threatened that Finn was going to be the lead Jedi in a Luke Skywalker sense. Only it turned out to be Rey, which equally offended the good old boys.

Getting back to the action figure that had Lando packaged with the Kessel guard - a figure some might want to Army build while not building an army of Lando's.

This leaves Hasbro in a position to push their own agenda with the force link stuff. I actually think it's very cool because on top of everything you do not have batteries leaking in vehicles because the batteries go in the wrist device. For boxed collectors this is very nice (I am not a boxed collector, but this is a smart approach).

It also sells their vehicles. The Falcon and the land speeder.

There is going to be a black series 3 3/4 inch Han Solo. But it should have been released now! Maybe they want to push the 6in? Well it does nothing for their 3 and 3/4 Five Point articulation line but hurts it out of the gate.

And there is no information about a Lando 3 3/4 inch black series coming anytime soon. They are repackaging Cassian Andor.

(Cassian needs 2 figures never made: Imperial Officer, tan shirt/officer pants - Scarrif, final battle when he shoots at Krennic)

The 3 and 3/4 in super articulated Market will remember Rogue One.

Kids might have forgotten K2SO, or the child old enough to get their first Star Wars figures today is not old enough to have even seen Rogue One in the theater.

In conclusion, there should have been another Han - Vandor snow coat? Mudtrooper uniform? Available right away in the 3 and 3/4 first wave of Five Point articulation figures.

I don't want this to stall the line. The solution is to get it out as fast as possible.

Your thoughts?
I certainly agree with your statement. I also find it strange that Han Solo is not available in the basic action figure assortment. No one wants to buy that Han Solo with the force link device. These are warming the pegs so if they clearance, then maybe I will pick it up. I do believe the major characters like Han and Lando should be included in the basic line. Hasbro still trying to unload basic 'Last Jedi' figures and repackaged them with the New Han Solo basic packaging just to move them. Hasbro wants to make as much money as they can. Now the 'Kissel' edition of Falcon is way overpriced. Its looks smaller then the 'Force Awakens' version which was also overpriced. Please Hasbro, release cool figures and not figures no one wants. I collect Black Series so I am glad they included a Han Solo.

Reactions: Tycho