Hasbro to crowd-fund Jabba's Sail Barge toy

Lord Malakite

Jedi Council Member
Sep 30, 2001
Williamsburg, OH
It might meet its goal today if it continues at this pace. Its a little past 11 AM EST and its at 4,700 of their 5,000 backer goal with 4 days to go.

Lord Malakite

Jedi Council Member
Sep 30, 2001
Williamsburg, OH
Pretty cool its getting made. Shame I don't have the money to pick one up for myself. If anyone wishes to gift me one I am not above accepting gifts. ;):D

In the meantime though, it'll be fun to continue tracking the numbers to see the final backer count. Currently at 5,571 backers out of their of 5,000 backer goal with 4 days to go.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Pretty cool its getting made. Shame I don't have the money to pick one up for myself. If anyone wishes to gift me one I am not above accepting gifts. ;):D

In the meantime though, it'll be fun to continue tracking the numbers to see the final backer count. Currently at 5,571 backers out of their of 5,000 backer goal with 4 days to go.
6000? We could buy our own barge for that!
Yeah, but who's gonna pre-order it, kid? You?
You bet I...

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
I must say I'm very surprised by this. Adult collectors tend to wait for Ross/Marshalls type of clearances to get items such as this. That so many would go all in on this is something I did not expect. I would love to see a map of where the pledges came from. Kickstarter does (or at least once did) something similar to that where you could see the breakdown of where support came from for the project.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I must say I'm very surprised by this. Adult collectors tend to wait for Ross/Marshalls type of clearances to get items such as this. That so many would go all in on this is something I did not expect. I would love to see a map of where the pledges came from. Kickstarter does (or at least once did) something similar to that where you could see the breakdown of where support came from for the project.
I heard that Sir Steve backed 6091 of them himself, and 1 other TFG Forumite, with the other 115 from one city in western Montana. :p

Timdanjon

Force Sensitive
Jan 29, 2018
Port Orange, FL
Now the waiting game. Was not as bad as I thought with the taxes on this item. Was only 32 and some change so the total was 532 and change. I did read after I committed to it that if it comes damaged during shipping, they will either replace it or refund your money. The item must not be open though unless it was opened by the mail service crushing the box during shipping. I cant wait to get this thing. Its probably the most expensive Star Wars Item I have ever purchased. I only purchased it because they said it will not be available to retailers in the US and I remembered how much the Lego Falcon was selling for at retail around 800 and then if you went on the secondary market people were wanting double that sometimes almost tripling that price and I am not made of money so I would rather pay the 532 now instead of not being able to afford it on the secondary market were I think it will probably be going for 1500-2000 and up easily. I hope they do a retooling of the Death Star. I never had that play set when it first came out, parents said they could not afford it. I was 10 years old. Now I am 51 (April 10) and that child is still waiting to have one of my own instead of only being able to play with it when the neighbor hood friend got one for Christmas.

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
I almost gave in last night, but paying $550 (CA tax) for something that would have to stay indefinitely boxed and stored was not a good choice for me. I'm thrilled it went through and look forward to seeing amazing dioramas made with it. Hopefully, there will be many more Haslab temptations in the future. (cough USS FLAGG cough)

Timdanjon

Force Sensitive
Jan 29, 2018
Port Orange, FL
Has anyone that ordered this gotten a email notification yet? I thought my card would be charged today but it has not yet. Did see where it said they would send out notifications when the book part is ready to ship. It was 532 with tax here in Florida in my area anyways

Timdanjon

Force Sensitive
Jan 29, 2018
Port Orange, FL
Thanks, I got mine today as well with the conformation number and when the book will ship and when the Barge will ship. Cant wait. Had I known I would have till the 24/25 of April this year, I would have ordered two of the Barges

Reactions: Tycho

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
I got my notification. Here is my interesting thought.

I wonder if people are going to take the book 2 conventions and have Mark Bordeaux and others autograph it? I actually think I will.

I am going to open my Sail Barge. Several times at Comic-Con I saw lines with people waiting for Mark to autograph the cardboard box will that came around the Vintage packaging for the BMF. I saw that for the bat-at, but not like the falcon.
Mark made our toys since the 70s.

I think it is like having a favorite author or a movie star or baseball player.

I think it's also like when you are a kid and you have your yearbook signed - especially by your favorite teacher.

Mark taught all of us about The Force.

Bring your books to conventions to get his autograph. I think I have to.

Timdanjon

Force Sensitive
Jan 29, 2018
Port Orange, FL
Got an email from Haslab saying the book has shipped. Still have not charged my card yet. Has anyone else gotten the email saying the book has shipped?