Hasbro We Want a Hermi Odle figure

bigbarada

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 15, 2001
Hillsboro, IL
www.matt-hughes.com
Hasbro should look at it this way: Hermi is the last big ugly alien from Jabba's palace that needs to be made. Amanaman and Ephant Mon were the only others (aside from Jabba himself).

Although some could make a case for Cane Adiss. However, there are still too many unknowns about that alien that should probably be covered in another thread.....

Anyways, after Hermi, Hasbro is done with the big aliens from Jabba's Palace and can focus on the more normal sized critters.

Rogue II

Jedi Apprentice
Feb 13, 2002
Land of 1,000 Elvis Impersonators
Originally posted by bigbarada

Anyways, after Hermi, Hasbro is done with the big aliens from Jabba's Palace and can focus on the more normal sized critters.

..not counting a new Jabba figure. I have the Jabba Glob sitting on the throne in my diorama. He would make a great Screen Scene.

I'm sure Hermi would sell just as well as Ephant Mon.

bigbarada

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 15, 2001
Hillsboro, IL
www.matt-hughes.com
I was meaning figures that could be offered on a card, needing a new ROTJ Jabba is almost a no-brainer. The last one we got was in 1983!

Some could argue that, like the Jabba Glob, Jabba himself could be carded. However, not if he is to be a proper ROTJ Jabba. In which he would need his throne, pipe and bowl and a sitting Salacious Crumb at the very least. Of course, we would need more than just this (like the animal skins he sits on, the fanning Jawa, the BBQ spit in back -- the features offered with the Vintage Jabba are the bare minimums). Thus they could pack Jabba as a Screen Scene, personally I'd happily pay $40 for a well made Jabba with Throne playset with all the extras and two or three pack in figures (dancing Oola or sitting Leia, fanning Jawa, Wol Cabasshite and a new Salacious Crumb-- along with Jabba himself of course).

Jargo

Jedi Commander
Aug 16, 2001
J'quille the Whiphid, Hermi Odle, Yarna D'al Gargan, Cane Adiss, Jabba the Hutt, all should be made soon. It's easy enough to shove a smaller figure out in every wave that comes from the palace but the larger ones need better treatment and with all these Jedi and bucket headed bounty hunter figures clogging up the shelf space there's no room for nice toys. Ugly toys. :D Anyone else bored with the corew characters already? Time for positive action on the aliens front I reckon.

bigbarada

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 15, 2001
Hillsboro, IL
www.matt-hughes.com
I forgot about J'Quille, Jargo, although I have always thought that he would be roughly the same size as a Gamorrean Guard at the largest (same with Yarna). Hermi, Cane Adiss and Jabba seem to be in a whole different category of bigness (and ugliness).

And I am also sick to death of core characters. If we never see another Padme, Anakin, Jango, Obi-Wan, Luke, Han or Vader it will be too soon.:)

JediCole

Jedi Initiate
Aug 16, 2001
Texas
Visit site
I am glad to see that J'Quille made it into the mix. Though he is a bit on the "plain" side, I would also suggest Mosep, one of the more interesting looking human characters in the old palace. He is clearly visible at least twice and would round out the human/alien mix.

Jargo

Jedi Commander
Aug 16, 2001
Not to mention that mosep appeared first in Mos Eisley as Luke and Ben leave the used speeder lot Mosep crosses the screen. he was also used as a substitute for jabba in the comic adaptation of star wars. At the time the comic was drawn up they were using an early draft where the Jabba docking bay scene was still in the movie. No-one had any idea what jabba would look like so the design for the Mosep alien was used thus adding to the kudos the alien design should have. making it into ROTJ as a courtier of jabba makes him cooler again. hasbro should just stop with the selective releases based on what might or might not sell and just make all the palace creatures since us collectors will likely buy every last one. The beauty of aliens is that you can easily customise them to get more of the same race provided they don't have a strange neck connection.

J'Quille might be plain but he's interesting enough and large. large aliens are good. I just read his story in tales from jabbas palace and while not really a fan of EU I did enjoy his plotting. I wasn't a big fan of him before though. but now he's cool, an interesting face, another hairy alien and i like the idea of him having enormous talons. As I read the tales from stories all the characters are taking on a new appeal, I don't necessarily buy all that's written about them as a given, but it does add another layer and rekindles flagging interest. So yeah, hasbro should just churn out the aliens from the OT. These newer CGI aliens from the prequels aren't nearly as interesting as the old fashioned rubber mask aliens. MORE HASBRO, SOON!