How about a chat?

Slicker

Jedi Commander
May 18, 2004
Planet Karpton
www.myspace.com
I've seen several other vBulletin sites that have a chat option that opens a big chat room. I'm just wonderin' if this would be feasible for this site? I chat with quite a few people from the forums as it is but I wouldn't mind chattin' with some of the others.:thumbsup:

UKWildcat

Jedi Apprentice
May 31, 2005
Yea, I agree. AIM stinks and Myspace's IM isn't worth a crap either (not to mention that it doesn't even work).

A SSG Chat would be sweet!

Jargo

Jedi Commander
Aug 16, 2001
1 to 1 chat only could work. accessible via the user CP. could actually save a ton of waiting while sorting out trades. private messages don't always show straight away.

Personally I've never liked group chat. too easy to get drowned out by gobby individuals. and way too easy for fights to break out.

1 to 1 private chat could in theory work. I know you said no but I'm just thinkin' aloud.

DarthQuack

Jedi Apprentice
Jan 25, 2004
Albany
I'm liking the new tiny chat room we have! :thumbsup:

I've used it in the past and enjoy having webcams integrated as well.

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
I saw a new toolbar when I stopped by last night (didn't go into chat since I only had a couple of minutes), but it's gone this morning. Was this rolled back, or somethin'?

SirSteve

Grand Master
Aug 1, 2001
www.TheForceGuide.com
It's a 3rd party feature and we pull the code from them. Right now, their site is down, hence the toolbar will not appear. So, as soon as they get it fixed, it will re-appear.