How did you spend your Saturday?

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Grading was easy (only one full week left before finals), lesson planning incomplete but enough. Some laundry, dealing with plumbing issues (not bad, just preventative), out for recycling and then groceries. Brought sub sandwiches home for dinner.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Laundry, then the rest of the day was at a local comic convention (that focused mainly ON comics, for a pleasant change). Dinner with a TFG Forumite and family, home to fold and put away said laundry. What nice symmetry...

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Headed out to the 10th (IIRC) annual SW Reads Day at the local liberry... "volunteered" as I usually (actually helping to set up/take down, run information/food/materials to-and-fro, guiding people where to go, listening to behind-the-scenes conversations, seeing shows and characters get ready, speaking with the special guests before and after their participation, having a wonderful time, etc.), but without the volunteer t-shirt. Got a pizza and bread to-go for dinner; ate some of said food whilst watching televised entertainment. Sleeped. :zzz:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Woke up to finish packing for the return flight from Washington back home. Ate last breakfast buffet meal from the hotel, rode the tour bus to Arlington Nat'l Cemetery (it was very humid, but not too crowded; saw much more than the last time I was there 20 years ago). At the airport, this time being "randomly selected" for a TSA search meant I got through security faster than most of my tour group. Felt poor on the 6-hour non-stop flight (didn't "eject" anything, but still...), and could not sleep at all. Drive home on the shuttle was quick. Got Wendy's as dinner, near home. Slept fairly easily.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Watched a little World Cup (but I thought there'd be more games in the afternoon), did a load of laundry, some more electronic file organization, out for grocery shopping and a stop at a local outdoor antiques event. Finished a book and headed to the library to get my summer reading journal checked off (this week's prize: a mini button, but the choices for just ONE button were too good... Back to the Future, '80s music, Stranger Things, Solo, Rebels, reading slogans, Monty Python, etc.).

Mad Slanted Powers

Jedi Commander
May 20, 2002
Bellingham, WA
www.madslantedpowers.com
It was my birthday. In the morning, I decided I wanted an Egg McMuffin for breakfast. So my girlfriend and I went down to the McDonald’s drive-thru and I got the muffin and some pancakes.

Late morning we went for a walk in a park. Then we came back to my place and watched a DVD she got from Netflix (I, Tonya).

Later in the afternoon we went downtown. I found and purchased the Tantive IV for X-Wing miniatures. I don’t play epic, but maybe someday, and there may be a card or two that could be useful. I now have all the huge ships for that game.

After that, we went to eat and play games at a local board game pub. Had a delicious chili mac and cheese. I brought the Han Solo Card Game, and the Catan Dice Game. I won both games. We then played the pub’s copy of Forbidden Desert. I have Forbidden Island, but had not played this game before. We didn’t win, but we liked it enough that we went back to the game store and bought it. Then we played again and won. Then the rest of the evening was mostly relaxing and not doing much.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Happy birthday, MSP!

On Saturday, I went to Disneyland by myself to partake in some popcorn and fun. I hit Tom Sawyer's Island and the Explorer Canoes... and enjoyed that! Also was confused by the new additions to Pirates of the Caribbean.

Mad Slanted Powers

Jedi Commander
May 20, 2002
Bellingham, WA
www.madslantedpowers.com
Went to Seattle for an X-Wing Miniatures Systems Open tournament. This is the first big tournament that I have done. Went 0-3 and didn’t qualify for phase 2, but I at least got half points on a Decimator in the first match, and played a very close match in game 3.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Little bit of around-the-house work, running sprinklers to help with seeding, out to the library (twice), grocery shopping (needed to check the screen closer; had to get back in line to fix a pricing error), more reading and a bit less TV-ing, got healthy burgers as dinner.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Very little: yesterday was almost 120 degrees outside, and today was maybe 10 degrees "cooler" (when the thunderstorm hit, maybe 30 cooler) so inside mostly. Only went to the library to leave home. Reading, watching, web-ing.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Attending the ribbon-cutting ceremony to officially open our city's sports center (indoor/outdoor basketball courts, volleyball, table tennis, meeting room; and can be used as an emergency evacuation location with backup power generator). Home to read, watch, and relax. Out to church, then dinner and dessert with an out-of-town family member.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Out of the area for the weekend, left the lodge in Mammoth Lakes for Mono Lake, then a driving tour of June Lake Loop, enjoyed the Devil's Postpile (but not the crowded shuttles and smoky air from the Yosemite fire to the west). Back to clean up, then out to the Villagefest (ate some award-winning ribs, excellent pulled pork sandwich, a pretty good chocolate milkshake), town trolley was also full but allowed for a relaxing ride 'round town.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Gettin' back to "normal" weekends: laundry, crossword, sprinklers (back yard), 'round town errands (libraries, school to make copies, bank, some stoopid drivers out there), out to lunch for burgers, home to read and TV (mainly NFL HOF speeches) in relative cooler comfort.

[edit 8/12/18] Clearly, I am not yet in "school" mode, as the tasks I wanted (needed?) to do went mostly undone: like grading 4 periods of essays or planning the coming week's lessons. I did see a movie in theaters and eat lunch out, and got sucked into a Pawn Stars mini-marathon, plus read almost to the end of the book I've had about a week. But...

Last edited: