How did you spend your Saturday?

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Effectively, this day: same crossword, laundry, sprinklers, recycling; but also replacing watch batteries (local shop is charging more per battery now, but I want him to stay in business :( ), grocery and book shopping. Dinner was take-out (and their portions are smaller... hmm). Got the have-to grading and planning done again, plus the ubiquitous college football and (not as much) reading. Turned in early (about 8pm) since wasn't feeling well.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Was tired from the day before's freeway rush hours (not used to that; could NOT survive having to do that every. Single. Day. for work... :( ), but I still awoke around 5am. Laundry loads, crossword puzzle. Out to recycle, pick up items from school, shop for Hallmark ornaments, home to grade and watch the TV or listen to the radio. Got simple takeout as dinner. Experienced "rain" on the drive home (it was water, it did fall from the sky, I did have to turn on my wipers once).

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Didn't need to run sprinklers, as the steady rain most of the day did that for me and SoCal. Recycled (over $250 now on the school year), picked up tickets to a play showing locally, shopped without purchasing anything (sorry, you local business coffers) except groceries. Home to grade and lesson plan, watch sports TV (some wins, some losses, some "eh" ). Got fast food as dinner.

Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
Did some much needed exercise in the morning, followed by laundry, house cleaning, all before heading to visit my mom. Took her to do a bunch of shopping. Watched, then listened to the Dodgers pull one out of the bag and defeat the Brewers to even their series. Drove out to Claremont to attend a ceremony honoring my cousin's military service - he flew in from Alaska to partake. Had dinner with the family in the Claremont Village area. Listened, then watched to USC defeat Colorado before finally getting to sleep.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Up earlier to get gas (before the lines grow), then to recycling. Home to then leave for lunch at Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner restaurant (near the theme park of the similar name). Back home to grade and watch mostly sad results of sporting events.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Was asked to drive part of the MUN group to a conference at RCC (you know; I always thought that it was called Riverside Community College, but it's City College; nice campus, saw the band practicing [the RCC marching band was featured in the video for Weird Al's "Sports Song"]). Was there until after 5pm (got grading and a little reading done), then returned the vans to school that loaned them. Got takeout as dinner, was tired, changed a few clocks and went to... :zzz:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
There's some funky stuff going on here at TFG... just had almost my entire post deleted while typing. Grr... :mad:

Here's it in shorter words (just in case)... lots of normal Saturday stuff, getting ready for final exams in two weeks, went (twice) to a B&N book faire fundraiser for my school, worked on a Christmas letter, recycling is over $400 so far on the school year (got 11 responses for the first deadline for the scholarship)

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
In case the deletion curse returns...

Some sames (am over $460 now in recycling), sealed a potential roof leak (I can't remember the last time I was up on the roof), grocery shopped, graded all my last grading pre-final exams, watched some TV (mostly listened to music on the TV, but not MTV).

So I walked over to Downtown LA and participated in the march for education. Cool way to get 20,000+ steps in a day and the weather was perfect for it. I doubt this march will prevent a teacher strike in a few weeks, but I really hope it does.