How did you spend your Saturday?

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
All-day rain kept me inside doing typical domestic, digital entertainment, and educational preparation activities.

[edit: 3/10] Taxes done, grading and lessons done, TV watching a tad. What're ya gonna do?

Last edited:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Multiple activities kept me productive and active all day, for a change: sprinklers, laundry, some grading, some lesson planning, some reading (sounds like Wheel of Fortune, where they give you the standard letters to solve the final puzzle). Back to recycling at the "old" location, as the one I'd gone to for the past several years closed and then re-opened to a different style (up to $800 on the school year now! ), gas at Costco, out for brief shopping (books), went to church (Palm... Saturday?) and then to dinner. Home to relax some. Ahh...

[edit] Went over the $7000 amount in 15 (16?) years of collecting recyclables for student scholarships/testing day snacks/department writing journals/etc. Got groceries before Easter (surprise! crowds in line there), up to the school to drop off some items, home to grade and plan lessons (last time without loads of grading...) and read and watch the teevee and listen to the radio. Got healthy burgers as dinner.

Last edited:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Recycling, then out to stand in (a relatively-short) line for Free CB Day (got the SW book I sought, but not the Robotech one, at 2 different shops, even). Home to launder, and grade and plan, and read, and get sucked into the TBS (or TNT?) May the 4th marathon.

Mad Slanted Powers

Jedi Commander
May 20, 2002
Bellingham, WA
www.madslantedpowers.com
Worked from 8 to noon at my company’s annual tent sale. Went to see Endgame in the afternoon. Then watched YouTube videos and a couple programs on the DVR in the evening. Only Star Wars related thing I did for May the 4th was to eat some Star Wars ice cream (Breyers Dark Side Light Side).

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Worked from 8 to noon at my company’s annual tent sale. Went to see Endgame in the afternoon. Then watched YouTube videos and a couple programs on the DVR in the evening. Only Star Wars related thing I did for May the 4th was to eat some Star Wars ice cream (Breyers Dark Side Light Side).
I had that too, but the package said it was a "frozen dairy treat," or something, NOT ice cream! Enough to make me as angry as Kylo Ren!

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
That's bad, JT. :( Hope that THIS Saturday was better for you.

I had repairs on my mind, I guess: oil change for my car (somehow, it was over 10 months since my last one), drywall patch in a side room's wall (from bathroom repairs earlier). Graded my (hopefully... but doubtfully) my last work prior to this coming week's final exams. Laundry (with a few stains to focus on from various activities at school this week) and recycling (getting close to the end: might get another $15 to end the school collecting). Soup and crackers as dinner.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Some holdover issues from the road trip to Yellowstone: still organizing photos (some to actually print out, some to share, others to adjust, more just to look closer at), sending off hotel surveys, addressing my knee (long days of 300+ miles multiple days in a row is not good in the least) and tooth (nothing happened to it on the trip, but a dental visit when I returned revealed it's cracked; another visit scheduled for this week with an oral surgeon. Lovely.), credit card that somehow was "hacked" along the way. Watched TV and read, staying in from the growing heat outdoors (also lovely).

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Took it easy. Iced my knee multiple times (had to admit that RICE isn't enough to make its pain go away; will set up something next week :( before the week after's tooth surgery), watched TV on the couch to stay off said leg(s), read some (but most wasn't interesting and almost put me to sleep), did laundry (now caught up from the trip). Went to church and out to dinner.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Is it possible it's your IT band having constricted after sitting too long? I've had that before, especially after doing a lot of treadmill and then sitting for hours at a time, the IT band can get very painful because it clings to your knee shorter and shorter, and when you stretch it those areas where it was clinging get really horrifyingly painful despite being in no way damaged. I did PT for it, even, the therapy was cold therapy through cold packs and Biofreeze gel, stretching therapy using a roller and having someone run a therapy implement that looks like a butterknife over it, doing stretching, and doing exercises to strengthen the muscles around it to carry the load for the band.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Is it possible it's your IT band having constricted after sitting too long? I've had that before, especially after doing a lot of treadmill and then sitting for hours at a time, the IT band can get very painful because it clings to your knee shorter and shorter, and when you stretch it those areas where it was clinging get really horrifyingly painful despite being in no way damaged. I did PT for it, even, the therapy was cold therapy through cold packs and Biofreeze gel, stretching therapy using a roller and having someone run a therapy implement that looks like a butterknife over it, doing stretching, and doing exercises to strengthen the muscles around it to carry the load for the band.
I intended to ask about PT (clearly, I do not want surgery or replacement... I "saw" what happened to that rebel guy on Jeddah! ). I've been icing and lightly stretching and raising and compressing, as well as just trying to stay off it standing. I have had issues with this knee for 30-some years, but never a tear or break or pull.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Mainly indoors, since it is hot from the start of the morning. Got a couple Hallmark ornaments at the Premiere. Read a couple short books, did laundry, watched a bit on the telly, got fast food as dinner. Ran sprinklers in the evening.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Drove to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena to see the Apollo 11 Live Show (at... The Lunar Dome! in the parking lot! :p ), and hoped to attend a discussion with actual space people prior (I did, but it wasn't included with the cost of the show's tickets; still interesting but combing the 2 tickets together was pricey). Ate at a restaurant on the way home that I'd forgotten about (Mr. D's; not close to where I go regularly, but I might make some trips to enjoy the food anyway). Just about any TV I watched involved the moon landing anniversary (and enjoyed those documentaries and retrospectives).

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
So much fun! Laundry, lesson planning, copying and lesson searching at the school, a little reading after a quick trip to the library, occasional television watching. Still hot outside, so trying to keep indoors as much as possible.

[edit: 8/18] First back-to-regular grading weekend (I remember how little I enjoy that task). Dropped off recycling (harder to find locations anymore, as statewide there are many that are closing down), went to reserve a book at the library (inter-library request) and have fruitless shopping trips on the way back. Read a bit (different book). Went to bed... only to have an explosion awaken me around 10pm (don't think it was a typical firework, nor a gun blast [not sure, though], as the "typical" aerial firework shot up later, and a couple minutes after that there were 2 officers that drove around the neighborhood). Loud "party" continued until almost 1am (it was just drunk, incoherent yelling and door-closing; no music no audible TV/movies). Ugh.

Last edited:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Recycling (nice that the newest place is closer to home and opens at 8am Mon.-Sat.), grading and lesson planning, lots o' college football, paper and digital file organization, a bit o' reading.

[edit 9/22] Recycling early again, headed east to Univ. CA Riverside (avoided the 60 Swarm freeway construction via some surface streets I wasn't as familiar with; now I know for the future) for an event with the Writing Project (nice lunch, nice reunion with those I hadn't seen for awhile and nice meeting people for the first time). Home to grade and lesson plan (just part of the coming week) and relax some. Got dinner out to bring home.

[edit 9/29] Early recycling once more (to beat the rain, and reaching enough funds collected for the scholarship total now). Unexpected yardwork; not too good on the knees and legs. Up to the school to drop off stuff and lesson plan without having to lug the books and materials back home, quick shopping. Home for TV (bunch of sports all over), a great deal on sandwiches for dinner (just beat the rain in heading home with them).

Last edited:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
More recycling, got a half dozen donuts to bring home, not much grading to do so it and the lessons for a 4-day week weren't difficult to complete, laundry washed and put away, a bit of television watched. Nice.