How did you spend your Saturday?

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Early recycling again (decided against getting gas after, as I will be near a Costco tomorrow [which is now today, as I type this]). Graded, planned lessons, washed and hung up laundry, moved storage boxes around after re-shuffling their contents, watched too much televised programming, changed most of the clocks back.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
No recycling dropped off since I was asked to drive a Model UN club to their conference in Riverside (means negotiating the last [?] weekend of the "60 Swarm" repair shutdown [and heavy wind gusts]). They did well (won a couple recognitions), I got grading done (and even wrote a poem! ), received 3 ovations for a] collecting recycling during a break/ b] being the driver/ and c] stopping the gas pump right at $25.00 when refueling the van. Wow. Saw some friends/colleagues back at the school while dropping off the vans. Home to relax, eat, sort laundry, and watch a couple college football games.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Have exceeded the $500 mark in recycling before the semester ends this week (long time since that's happened), as I got to the center before the "rains" started today. It was a steady drizzle/dew throughout the morning and early afternoon here. Went to Barnes & Noble for the school's book faire fundraiser; saw no one from the school an hour into it but still bought a bunch of SW and other books/items. Home to grade, watch the Army/Navy football and Penguins/Kings hockey games. Read a tad, did two loads of laundry, listened to the radio. Nice.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
So glad you asked! Am over the $600 recycling mark, hit the bank and other errands, found just one desirable SW Hallmark ornament before the 75% off sale ends, home to grade (most of what I needed to) and plan lessons. Zoned out with reruns and sports, laundry done.

[edit: 2/9] had done my recycling yesterday, so it was a slow beginning (not a problem at all) to the day. Drove out to Redlands for a celebration at the Abraham Lincoln Shrine there (nice). On the way home: got gas (short lines at Costco on a Saturday?!?), ate lunch (Stonefire Grill), grocery shopped a bit. Home to grade (just a little bit, no lessons planned yet), do laundry, and zombify myself in front of a televised screen device.

Last edited:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
… quite productively, in fact. Went over (buy a few cents) the $700 mark on the year for recycling, did just a single laundry load, hung a photo on the wall. Finished my have-to grading and next week's lessons (still need my new seating chart done) and returned these items to the school. Relaxed and read and watched the teevee some.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Weird vibe today: an early-morning oil change at the dealership (was there and out in less than 2 hours), dropped off my last recycling for some time (as a teacher, it's now 3 weeks away from teaching kids in-person) which pushed me over the $800 mark for the school year, back to the library to get another stack of books for those weeks, out the grocery stores to see so many empty shelves (no bread, bananas at all) and long lines of checkouts. Home to grade a bit, plan no lessons yet (they will be all online over these weeks, so it's just the ideas rolling over in my head now), a quick load of laundry. Read some, tried to watch little TV, as occasional rain sprinkling occurred. Hmm.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
I don't like the phrase "new normal," but this might be just that for some time: no laundry (did that earlier in the week) or recycling (I have 4 items over the past couple weeks, just from myself), plenty of reading (finished one book and got 1/3 through a second) and occasional TV (very little of the news, just channels showing old stuff). Food was all from home (no orders, take-out). Did some online grading from before "spring break" week (which today is the "end" of that vacation) and replied to some emails from students/parents.

Hmm. I shouldn't complain, still having employment, when others are in much direr straits or having to be both an employee and parent.

Mad Slanted Powers

Jedi Commander
Website
www.madslantedpowers.com
Stayed inside except to get the mail. Played a couple games of Azul with my girlfriend is Facebook Messenger. In the late afternoon we played three games of Yahtzee in the same manner. Rest of the day was mostly spent watching YouTube videos via my Apple TV.

Mad Slanted Powers

Jedi Commander
Website
www.madslantedpowers.com
Stayed inside except to get the mail. Played a couple games of Azul with my girlfriend via Facebook Messenger. In the late afternoon we played three games of Yahtzee in the same manner. Rest of the day was mostly spent watching YouTube videos via my Apple TV.
That should have said via Facebook Messenger. I still can't see a way to edit my posts. Don't see the option on my iPhone or iPad. I tried Safari, Firefox, and Chrome on my computer with no luck.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
That should have said via Facebook Messenger. I still can't see a way to edit my posts. Don't see the option on my iPhone or iPad. I tried Safari, Firefox, and Chrome on my computer with no luck.
MSP, along the bottom of your post, do you see options for "Report," "Edit," "Delete," "IP," or "Bookmark," each with an icon next to them? That's what SHOULD allow you to do that.

And I also went outdoors to get the single piece of mail (credit card bill, of course) in the mailbox, plus some looks on the porches (front AND back) towards the clouds and mountains.

Mad Slanted Powers

Jedi Commander
Website
www.madslantedpowers.com
MSP, along the bottom of your post, do you see options for "Report," "Edit," "Delete," "IP," or "Bookmark," each with an icon next to them? That's what SHOULD allow you to do that.
On the top left is the time. On the top right are icons for share and bookmark, along with post#. On the bottom left is Report, and bottom right is reply (I also see Like on other people’s posts, so I guess I can report myself but not like myself). I checked on the computer right after I posted, so it should have been in the time frame to edit, but nothing there. I’ve seen it before, but maybe the original post had to be made from the computer or something.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Picked up donuts as a Mothers' day gift (it went over well! ), finally took in the green waste trashcan (never was picked up on my street the trash day prior) and pulled some weeds in the backyard, finished all my online grading from the week and lessons planned for this week, read, watched very little on the TV. Left the house to drop off food and other items at a city collection drive (taken out of my trunk, saw some former students volunteering there).

[5/17] There was a little variety this day... "washed" my car at home (really just cleaning off the windows and a quick wipe-down of the doors), finished what should be my last grading of the school year (minus any late work due in a couple days) and replied to some school emails, read more, watched a little TV, went to get takeout as dinner, I started an early evening walk-around-the-block activity (The Masked Exerciser! ) about a week ago which has been good for those 15-20 minutes, endured the shrieks of kids in a party (probably against social gathering restrictions [that's okay, actually] at... 10:50pm?!?).

Last edited:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Ran sprinklers, did the crossword, load of laundry (those used to be regular Sat. activities). Made a grocery store run, dropped off some books at the library. Cleaned out my car trunk (had to scrub the mat, from recycling stains). Reading still, online a fair amount; not much TV today. Walked a little more this evening, since the last two days I did not so as much then.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
I actually did some "things" during the day: tried B&N for some books in the store (mostly successful), got a car wash, did a load of laundry. Stayed inside to avoid the 100+ temps and the growing smoke cloud from a not-all-that-far-away fire that started the day before. Plenty of reading, a little TV watching (including live NHL action), still walked around the block.

Top Bottom