How is the weather by you today?

JimJamBonds

Jedi Commander
May 22, 2005
www.myspace.com
35 and raining, but the sweet thing is its super slippery out, I should be working right now but with no product to deliver (I work for Frito Lay) I'm at home waiting surfing the interwebs.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Very heavy rains yesterday (some said even hail), windy in the late afternoon. Today is currently chilly but bright (can see snow on the mountains, although I expected more there) and supposed to have a break before another wave of heavy rain tomorrow for a couple days. Now, CA has nowhere to put this extra water, with reservoirs full, so where's it end up? Out to sea. :(

TeeEye7

Jedi Apprentice
Very heavy rains yesterday (some said even hail), windy in the late afternoon. Today is currently chilly but bright (can see snow on the mountains, although I expected more there) and supposed to have a break before another wave of heavy rain tomorrow for a couple days. Now, CA has nowhere to put this extra water, with reservoirs full, so where's it end up? Out to sea. :(
We have PLENTY of places here in the Central Valley to put water. Moonbeam & Co refuse to send it south where it's needed.
Ah! But I'm becoming political....

DarthQuack

Jedi Apprentice
Jan 25, 2004
Albany
Gorgeous weather the last few days, highs in the mid 70's, in the 60s/50s at night, it's heavenly!

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Currently windy and cool. Supposed to have flood-potential rains with a storm this afternoon. Not good when work's being done on one's house (all inside, but still). :(

Yep; them's is lots o' rain out there. Stay safe, SoCal!

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Compared to the previous day, this is nothing (and where I live, there wasn't much damage). In the LA region, there were at least two confirmed deaths (electrocution, and dragged away in rover :cry: ) and lots and lots of cars swept away, trees fallen on buildings and vehicles, mudslides and "rivers" that snarled traffic and homes, freeway backups, power outages, delayed a PGA golf tournament and many flights in and out of the area. Bad, bad overall.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Today was supposed to have rain. Nope: the winds blew those clouds out and made it a bit "cool" (mid-60s IIRC). Tomorrow's NASCAR race should have good temps but I wonder what the winds will do farther east of here.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Second-straight day of close to 110 degree temps, with humidity, almost no breeze. It's been brutal. Hoping people's fire safety and outdoor activities are using their brains (without being fried) this weekend.