5.) AOTC IMAX edit
6.) AOTC
7.) Star Wars Holiday Special
8.) The Phantom Menace

Aug 16, 2001
Los Angeles
Omega Wren 99 said:
PS. WHat is the IMAX edit of AOTC???
A few months (?) after AOTC was released, an IMAX version of the movie was shown in selected IMAX theaters. Due to technical constraints, it was necessary for the movie's length to be cut. As a result, some editor somewhere was put in charge of making the edits. Among other sequences, the Megaman sequence (Anakin running amuck through the Geonosis factory) was cut down as well as the ridiculous C3PO flying through the air shot. Anakin's "bed" scene was cut along with a few other things. I'm sure there is a list lurking around somewhere.

But this was a lesson in "less is more" as AOTC suddenly became watchable for the most part. It wasn't a great movie, but it was vastly improved over the original edit.

Imperial Monarche

Jedi Initiate
Nov 12, 2001
Planet Earth
Visit site
stillakid said:
My favorites in order are:

1.) A New Hope
2.) Empire Strikes Back
3.) Return of the Jedi
4.) Animated Clone Wars series
5.) AOTC IMAX edit
6.) AOTC
7.) Star Wars Holiday Special
8.) The Phantom Menace
How can you possibly choose ANH over TPM????!!!! After all your other posts, you are completely contridicting yourself! Come on, stilla...you're slipping! (sarcasm ending...now) Really, though, you prefer ANH over ESB? Empire was the definition of a great sequel. I will say that none of the PT so far has surpassed any of the OT, even though ROTJ was very closely matched by ATOC, but I'll have to say that ANH is not better than ESB, but of course, that's just my opinion.

Aug 16, 2001
Los Angeles
Imperial Monarche said:
How can you possibly choose ANH over TPM????!!!! After all your other posts, you are completely contridicting yourself! Come on, stilla...you're slipping! (sarcasm ending...now) Really, though, you prefer ANH over ESB? Empire was the definition of a great sequel. I will say that none of the PT so far has surpassed any of the OT, even though ROTJ was very closely matched by ATOC, but I'll have to say that ANH is not better than ESB, but of course, that's just my opinion.
Yeah, as taken as a WHOLE, ANH exceeded ESB. Sure, there are some great MOMENTS in ESB which actually outdo any of the MOMENTS in ANH, but as a WHOLE, ANH is a better all-round story and movie. :)

Jayspawn

Jedi Commander
Aug 16, 2001
Aurora, CO
www.mrcollectors.com
I love Attack of the Clones as well! A great film, very interesting. I really enjoy watching it and never tire. Here's some of my favorite parts...

- Obi-Wan and Jango's fight on the landing platform. Obi-Wan kicking him over the side and the look on his face "Oh not good."

- Dexter. Cool, funny character. Kinda like the trucker of the Star Wars Galaxy. I like his little mustache, and his neck how it inflates and deflates as he talks and breathes.

- Palpatine's manipulation of the Senate.

- The scene in Jango Fett's apartment between him and Obi-Wan. Their 'polite' conversation is classic!

- Padme.

- Jango's annoyed look when Mace holds his Saber to his neck.

- All the scenes with Count Dooku. Great character!

- The Battle Droid looking over at Threepio as they march out into the Arena.

Imperial Monarche

Jedi Initiate
Nov 12, 2001
Planet Earth
Visit site
Jayspawn said:
I love Attack of the Clones as well! A great film, very interesting. I really enjoy watching it and never tire. Here's some of my favorite parts...

- Obi-Wan and Jango's fight on the landing platform. Obi-Wan kicking him over the side and the look on his face "Oh not good."

- Dexter. Cool, funny character. Kinda like the trucker of the Star Wars Galaxy. I like his little mustache, and his neck how it inflates and deflates as he talks and breathes.

- Palpatine's manipulation of the Senate.

- The scene in Jango Fett's apartment between him and Obi-Wan. Their 'polite' conversation is classic!

- Padme.

- Jango's annoyed look when Mace holds his Saber to his neck.

- All the scenes with Count Dooku. Great character!

- The Battle Droid looking over at Threepio as they march out into the Arena.
I agree, except for the Threepio comedy scenes. I think those are way over done and explotive of the Threepio character. It was senseless comedy. I mean, why does Threepio have to have all that action. The OT's comedy with Threepio was so much better when he constantly fought with Artoo. But, that's my only major complaint about AOTC (besides some of the worthless dialogue like most of the conversation between Anakin and Obi-Wan). Everything else, I enjoyed.

And stilla, I see what you're saying as ANH. I personally enjoyed ESB more than all the other movies when it's viewed as a saga, but I tended to always look at ANH as more of a stand alone movie and if I look at each movie as a stand alone movie, then I think that ANH is the best.

JON9000

Jedi Apprentice
May 24, 2002
Raleigh
Visit site
AOTC works really well when it works. Fortunately, the last 40 minutes or so work incredibly well, so it doesn't leave a bad taste.

Anakin's leap onto Padme (extraordinarily sexually charged) to slice the vermin followed by the cool speeder chase/cantina.

The whole Kamino/asteroid sequence

Anakin going after his mom- I'd been dying by that point to see a little Vader, and the scene afterward in the garage was far and away the best between H & N. The kid does the anger bit pretty well.

but when it doesn't- it's nothing short of maddenning. The most frustrating aspect of AOTC is the lack of chemistry between Hayden and Natalie. Most of those parts have a strange way of making me squirm in my seat, maybe it is the dialogue:

Grown more beautiful, I mean.

I'd be much too frightened to tease a senator

.....he'd be very grumpy

excuse me, m'lady.... (uggggggghhhhhhh)!

my heart is beating....

You are in my very soul...

All of this stuff is pretty heavy and doesn't seem to work well. It reminds me of the story Kirsh told in the Empire part of the Documentary where Han Solo's last line before being frozen was not working. Kirsh just told him to wing it and viola- one of the most memorable lines of the OT- and so cool!

I have big problems with the Droid factory, the biggest being its placement- we're an hour and a half into the movie and at this point most people are about ready for the big payoff. At least I was.

Overall, I like AOTC, but I think ROTS is just going to whup it because we'll be more emotionally engaged by the events.

MaquisWarrior

Jedi Initiate
Apr 2, 2005
Ciudad Pangea Jimenez, Mexico
I'm sorry dude. Attack of the Clones is flattered but is currently married and doesn't feel the same way about you! But cheer up, I heard SON OF THE MASK has a big crush on you and XXX:STATE OF THE UNION thinks you're cute and look better IF you lost weight and stopped slouching!

Seriously, the film was okay!

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
I love Garry Shandling. I am so stoked that he will be in Iron Man 2. More people will see him there than saw him in all his other films and TV appearances combined.

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
Tycho said, "I love Attack of the Clones."

I said, "I love Garry Shandling."

I fail to see how you fail to see the relationship. They're both comments about loving something that is clearly too ludicrous to deserve real love.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I was watching AOTC on TNT the other day, and I noticed something I hadn't thought about before: the laser cannons on the LAATi ships have green beams, and they line up like the Death Star's main one. Coincidence?

p.s. shovel