I'm (Not) Gonna Crawl

Mr. JabbaJohnL

Jedi Council Member
Nov 12, 2001
Tatooine
I saw some posts in another thread, but yes, this movie is crawl-free. It doesn't even say "Star Wars" onscreen! The film's title comes in the same font used in marketing, though it's yellow and recedes slowly, similar to the main SW logo but different enough to be noticeable. The film does maintain the LFL logo and "A long time ago" title card.

In other text news ('cause that's what's important here), we see title cards for planets for the first time, though not all of the multiple planets get one. I think this movie may rival ROTS for the number of planets we see, and thank the Force that they're not all just riffs on places we've seen before (*cough* TFA *cough*)!

The subtitle font is the same as all previous films, so there is some consistency in that regard. (Also, Edrio Two-Tubes—I believe the only character to get subtitles—freakin' rocks, and sounds like Embo!)

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
Any idea what planet Vader's castle is on? Mustafar?

And, holy crap, Vader's castle is definitely canon now! Awesome!

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Any idea what planet Vader's castle is on? Mustafar?

And, holy crap, Vader's castle is definitely canon now! Awesome!
I looked closely, and the pipes look very similar to the ones on Mustafar. The scene showing (somewhat) him in his bacta-type tank was NOT what I was expecting, but awesome, too!

I thought I would be put out about no crawl, and maybe hear some boos in the theater, but a "no" to both.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Problem is: out-of-the-way Mustafar, site of Anakin's greatest failures, becomes his abode. Out-of-the-way Tatooine, home to some of his happiest moments, gets forgotten. This introduces a new plot hole to the OT, a little. Might as well have put it on Mount Yoda on Dagobah...

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Problem is: out-of-the-way Mustafar, site of Anakin's greatest failures, becomes his abode. Out-of-the-way Tatooine, home to some of his happiest moments, gets forgotten. This introduces a new plot hole to the OT, a little. Might as well have put it on Mount Yoda on Dagobah...
The Sith aren't exactly known for wallowing in joy.

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
I read the Darth Vader chooses moose too far because that's where he was born. He also might feel like he killed Anakin Skywalker in there and the place reminds him of what he wanted to repent for and did so in Return of the Jedi.