I'm spicy! The funniest commercial of all time!!

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
Who's seen the new Burger King commercial where the intern guy squeals, "I'm SPICY!!"? I saw this about five times on TV yesterday, and it just doesn't get old.

"What's that?"
"It's my new catch phrase!"
"You can't make up a catch phrase! It's like making up a nickname."

Truly worthy of a million :beard:s.

Okay, if you disagree, then what's the funniest commercial ever? (I have a feeling those who disagree will cite the classic "Moove Over Butter" commercials.)

evenflow

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 16, 2001
Visit site
It's funny, but i wouldnt say the best. My favorite par tof the commercial is def. the end when he says its still aweful when he trys again.

BoShek

Jedi Initiate
Apr 7, 2002
PA
Visit site
I am glad someone thought it was funny. :p

The part where they say you can't make up your nickname is straight from Seinfeld.

Mr. JabbaJohnL

Jedi Council Member
Nov 12, 2001
Tatooine
I love the "I'm SPICY!" commercial, it's so dang funny. What are some other phrases to command the web chicken? I said fly, jump, cluck, and sandwich, but I couldn't think of any others.

Another commercial I love is for Six Flags. It's where that old guy gets off the bus, then music starts playing and he dances, it's hilarious. Even though they make Six Flags look a lot more fun than it really is. :D

scruffziller

Jedi Apprentice
The one that is funny is the one with the nerdy looking guy sniffing the hot girl's wrapper. The innuendo that commercial constitutes, I have worked with people that got into trouble for sexual harrasment from doing very similar things.:D

No, the people that had the funniest commercials ever were LITTLE CEASER'S pizza.:D

Kidhuman

Jedi Knight
Nov 12, 2002
Dr. Ventures Yard Sale
Yes a hilarious commercial but not the best of all time. That dubious distinction belongs to the Sun-Fizz sprite commercial, followe dby the Michael Buffer Sportscenter one. :beard:

Rogue II

Jedi Apprentice
Feb 13, 2002
Land of 1,000 Elvis Impersonators
I usually find the Sportscenter commercials funny. WHAT RHYMES WITH GAGNE!?!?!?!?

Also, there are those hotel ads with the guys celebrating cinamon rolls. Well, it was funny the first time.

Mr. JabbaJohnL

Jedi Council Member
Nov 12, 2001
Tatooine
I saw a new "I'm SPICY" as yesterday. It was okay, but not as good as the other one. It even uses some of the other footage.

The guy says, "Spicy! I'm SPICY! It's my new catchphrase." The woman then says, "You have to own it. (In a sexy voice) I'm spicy!" The guy does it like her, and the man on the left said "That's creepy."

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
I was about to comment on that, JabbaJohnL. :beard:

The Little Caesars commercials were great, especially the one where he runs around, knocking on doors and saying, "Thank you, thank you!"

"Woo! A gladiator!!"

Another candidate for best of all time would be the 7-Up commercial with the Orlando Jones wannabe and the bear in the mountain stream. "I thought you only did that in the woods!!"

Anyone seen the supposedly banned (haven't confirmed this fact) commercial for a salmon company with a dude beating up a bear to steal his fish? Something about those bears: they tend to make everything better. :pirate:

James Boba Fettfield

Jedi Apprentice
Feb 16, 2002
Third shift
www.dvdaficionado.com
I always liked that SmartBeep commercial about the blind date.

"We got chemistry here, you feel it?"

"I felt it!"

"All right, Janice!"

Sadly, the commercial was removed from the airwaves because of its low brow humor. Oh well . . .

EDIT-And Chux, that commercial you're talking about is from John West. They have one for their tuna that features a shark, but no fighting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Zoltar

Jedi Initiate
Nov 4, 2002
Puyallup, WA
Visit site
A little bit of trivia for you on those Spicy BK commercials –

The tall skinny guy with a receding hairline is Joel McHale, a Seattle comedian. He used to be on a local comedy show called “Almost Live.” Nice guy. Met him once at a charity event and got my photo with him.

If you watch TV a lot, he’s been showing up in a ton of commercials lately. Another one is for IHOP where he’s the dad driving the minivan.

Ohhh, for a minute there I felt like Cliff Claven...

Last edited by a moderator:

evenflow

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 16, 2001
Visit site
Mr. JabbaJohnL said:
I saw a new "I'm SPICY" as yesterday. It was okay, but not as good as the other one. It even uses some of the other footage.

The guy says, "Spicy! I'm SPICY! It's my new catchphrase." The woman then says, "You have to own it. (In a sexy voice) I'm spicy!" The guy does it like her, and the man on the left said "That's creepy."

That sounds funnier than the first one, not sure how it plays out on camera though.

Exhaust Port

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 2, 2002
Sea World of Ohio
www.cbscoaches.com
James Boba Fettfield said:
I always liked that SmartBeep commercial about the blind date.

"We got chemistry here, you feel it?"

"I felt it!"

"All right, Janice!"

Sadly, the commercial was removed from the airwaves because of its low brow humor. Oh well . . .

EDIT-And Chux, that commercial you're talking about is from John West. They have one for their tuna that features a shark, but no fighting.
This commerical is hysterical!!!

http://www.thatwasrandom.com/video/blinddate.php

I felt it!!

dr_evazan22

Jedi Apprentice
Feb 5, 2002
Delaware
Visit site
Yeah, I love that one! At least it didn't stink!

Another new one I like is the Sprint one with the guy dressed up as a sock bandit, stealing socks out of the dryer. Lady walks in and tries to get a pic with a phone camera. Sock guy is standing there shaking his money maker. Then Sprint guy hands the lady a Sprint phone. Love the sock guy.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Mr. JabbaJohnL said:
What are some other phrases to command the web chicken? I said fly, jump, cluck, and sandwich, but I couldn't think of any others.
I did "stand on head" and "sit on floor" and a few others of that nature, the system seems to have a lot of clips to make it seem like a live feed. I am told naughty stuff gets the chicken to rush the camera and waggle its finger "no no no" style. :D

BTW, did anybody notice that the chicken is wearing a garter belt?

Another commercial I love is for Six Flags. It's where that old guy gets off the bus, then music starts playing and he dances, it's hilarious. Even though they make Six Flags look a lot more fun than it really is. :D
Oh man, I so totally hate this commercial, I actively change channels when it comes on. That old guy is freaky ugly! I guess we can see which age group that ad is targeted for (not to be rude, but ain't you nearly half my age?). ;)

scruffziller said:
No, the people that had the funniest commercials ever were LITTLE CEASER'S pizza.:D
"What can you do with it?" "Ever heard of oragami?"

Or,

(object bouncing higher and higher) "What is it?" "It's CHEESE!"

Hmm, some of us are showing our age. ;)

One of the few that have really caught me offguard lately was the Sprite ad with the Orlando Jones-wannabe driving the truck with the basketball hoop on the back advertising a million dollar prize to make a dunk and all the neighborhood men break off from their everyday routines to try to dunk on the moving truck. Nothing funnier than a guy in a business suit flying into the back of a truck that just stopped moving. :D

Also, despite the product, the recent AOL Topspeed ads with the Teuttle boys from American Chopper, done exactly in the same style as the show, those were pretty great.

Kidhuman

Jedi Knight
Nov 12, 2002
Dr. Ventures Yard Sale
JediTricks said:
I did "stand on head" and "sit on floor" and a few others of that nature, the system seems to have a lot of clips to make it seem like a live feed. I am told naughty stuff gets the chicken to rush the camera and waggle its finger "no no no" style. :D

BTW, did anybody notice that the chicken is wearing a garter belt?

I told the chicken to punch himself in the face. He did it. ANd yes the finger wag thing is funny. :beard: I wonder if we tell him to grow a :beard: what he would do.