I'm spicy! The funniest commercial of all time!!

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
There's a Southwest commercial (about the red tape from other airlines) that was apparently filmed inside the local int'l airport near me. That's not unusual, being so (relatively) close to Hollywood. But they blurred the various artwork around the terminal. Can't show them without permission?

Maerj2000

Jedi Initiate
Jan 25, 2009
Ephrata, PA
Probably someone at the TSA demanded it.

"Blur those things out or we'll irradiate you and grab your genitalia and those of your children!"

Or something like that.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Anyone else completely annoyed by the song in the new Windows update commercials? I didn't like it when I heard it on the radio; I don't like it on every single time the TV is on, it seems. In a dance competition? Maybe. :Icantlienomore:

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
Aside from Morpheus singing opera for Kia and Stephen Colbert pimping pistachios, they were really weak.

Especially the weak puppy and horse Bud commercial. Sorry.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
In a recent beer commercial, after showing a man playing with his dog, he heads out with his BUDS to enjoy a night out. The dog waits and waits, but his master doesn't return. :( But then, the man is back! :) He says he decided to stay at his friend Dave's to be safe.

Okay, all that is fine, but the way the man says "Dave's" sounds EXACTLY like the "Cheech and Chong" routine of "Dave's not here." :tired: And that's not the way the man talked in the rest of the commercial.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
How about TV commercial trivia? Huh, HUH? Match the character with the company he/she represents.

1. Flo
2. Fred
3. Hannah
4. Herb
5. Jacko
6. Jan
7. Lily
8. Madge
9. Magenta
10.Mikey

a. AT&T
b. Burger King
c. Dish
d. Dunkin' Donuts
e. Energizer
f. LIFE Cereal
g. Palmolive
h. Progressive
i. TMobile
j. Toyota

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Nope? No guesses? :(

There's a medication commercial that's been out for some time with a grandpa talking about his COPD breathing issues, using cartoons of the wolf and three little pigs. The end of it has him sneaking up on his grandkids with a stuffed wolf, saying he'll get those "piggies!" They laugh. Shouldn't we be trying to save the children's lives from him? And why is he calling them swine? ;)

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Aside from the whole campaign about "real" Col. Sanders from KFC, have any of you noticed some voice changes in characters? There's a new Geico gecko, as well as Jack from Jack in the Box. There's also another one I can't recall now. Wonder if it was wage-related or deaths of the actors.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
There's been a confusing commercial on lately: a couple (which has some issues, I think, as they don't seem too stable, with one more concerned with her telephone/camera than her mate) sees an angry, British cook that they recognize working in a big-box warehouse store (never tells you its name) giving out samples of quesadillas (again: no product name or recipe) and all seem to insult each other or act rudely. I suppose the product/service being advertised is therapy (but no contact info. for it) or something like that.