Indiana Just Found

darth maul rat

Jedi Initiate
Mar 10, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Well, I lucked into the other pilots set I needed at the Muncie TRU. Again, I got lucky. But they are out there for the taking. Still haven't seen any new vintage. There has been a smattering of the new CW wave, but the only one I have been looking for is the astromech.

-dmr

darth maul rat

Jedi Initiate
Mar 10, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
I went by the Target on 38th street tonight. Nothing new, but something interesting. They had three DC Classics figures that were anything but. Instead of Robin and the Metal Man figure, there was a Marvel Legends Bullseye and a Iron Man Cap Armor figure. There was also a Leader figure in another package. The guy did a tremendous job, as I could not find any seams or anything to show how he did it.

But the worst part of it all was that Target had a price tag on them, similar to the Clearance tag, but this one said "Repackage" on it, and they still wanted $10.51 apiece for them!

autumnsdescent

Jedi Initiate
Jul 15, 2003
Indianapolis
autumnsdescent.com
I saw the newest CW wave at the TRU on Washington Street today. Saw it at the Super Target at 116th street over the weekend. Only figure from that wave I am remotely interested in is Hevy in training gear. Saw it at TRU, but decided to pick it up elsewhere cheaper. No sightings of Vintage waves 4 or 5 yet. A couple Meijer stores finally put Wave 3 out though.

autumnsdescent

Jedi Initiate
Jul 15, 2003
Indianapolis
autumnsdescent.com
Found Wave 5 (New Hope themed) today at the Walmart in Anderson, IN. They had it in abundance. I looked through it all and was grossly disappointed with the quality of the facial sculpts of Yoda & Han. The Storm Trooper, Gree, and the Utapau Clone all come with those ugly yellow soft plastic helmets (well, Gree's is painted an off-color green). I picked up the new ANH Luke because it is supposed to be based on the sculpt of that battle pack I passed on a year ago. The card photos outshine the figures themselves for this wave in my opinion. Still no sign of Wave 4 (AOTC themed).

Found the newest CW wave at that same Walmart - also in abundance.

Then I checked about 2 Targets, 2 Walmarts, & a TRU in Indy today and found nothing. So apparently that Walmart in Anderson is worth a visit once in a while...

OC47150

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 16, 2001
New Albany, Ind.
Visit site
I saw a few of the AOTC vintage wave at the NA Target today. I have to say I was impressed with the detail on the Obi-Wan. Nice detail on his tunic and boots. Even though I have a few of the earlier versions of that particular figure, I might have to buy the new vintage.

Mace and Jango looked good, too. No sign of Anakin and Padme, which are the ones I want.

Saw one Capt. Lock at the NA Kmart but didn't get it...yet.

darth maul rat

Jedi Initiate
Mar 10, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
I have lucked out at the Anderson Wal-Mart before as well, but I probably haven't been in there in a year. I was at the Brownsburg Wal-Mart tonight and there was nothing. It's hard to judge at these stores whether the new stuff has been taken or if it's just the lousy selection. Like so many stores right now they had a bunch of Clones and Sandtroopers.

darth maul rat

Jedi Initiate
Mar 10, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Made a Sunday morning run. The Wal-mart in Avon had the remnants of Wave 5, with the Ceremony Han, Death Star Escape Luke and 212th Battalion Clone still on the pegs, along with the corrected card Luke. The Target in Plainfield had a Super Battle Droid from the AOTC wave, but no others, and only about six other Vintage figures total.

Avon Target and Plainfield Wal-mart had nothing.

autumnsdescent

Jedi Initiate
Jul 15, 2003
Indianapolis
autumnsdescent.com
I noticed that all the Vintage clone troopers and sand troopers at the 96th Street & I69 Walmart were moved to the clearance isle. So at a couple other Walmarts, I have taken the privilege of doing the same to their Vintage selection. It's amazing how much space this really creates on the pegs! I took 24 sand troopers and 19 clones to the clearance isle at the Walmart at Pendleton Pike. The pegs were full before. Afterwards, they had maybe 8 figures on them total (mostly Obi Wans). Trying to send a not-so-subtle hint to the stock person to put more out...

Also noticed that at the Walmart at 96th Street & I69, the Tie Bomber was on clearance for $12.50. If you want one, go get 'em.

Mvader91

Jedi Initiate
Jun 7, 2007
Carmel Indiana
I noticed that all the Vintage clone troopers and sand troopers at the 96th Street & I69 Walmart were moved to the clearance isle. So at a couple other Walmarts, I have taken the privilege of doing the same to their Vintage selection. It's amazing how much space this really creates on the pegs! I took 24 sand troopers and 19 clones to the clearance isle at the Walmart at Pendleton Pike. The pegs were full before. Afterwards, they had maybe 8 figures on them total (mostly Obi Wans). Trying to send a not-so-subtle hint to the stock person to put more out...

Also noticed that at the Walmart at 96th Street & I69, the Tie Bomber was on clearance for $12.50. If you want one, go get 'em.
Strange I went to 96th street and 69 Walmart. The tie bombers rang up $38.97 with a $25.00 clearance sticker on it? WTH? are the clearance ones somewhere other than in lawn and garden. All the clones and sandtroopers you relocated are back on the pegs. FYI

autumnsdescent

Jedi Initiate
Jul 15, 2003
Indianapolis
autumnsdescent.com
Strange I went to 96th street and 69 Walmart. The tie bombers rang up $38.97 with a $25.00 clearance sticker on it? WTH? are the clearance ones somewhere other than in lawn and garden. All the clones and sandtroopers you relocated are back on the pegs. FYI
Doh! Rest assured I'll scoop those clones back to the clearance isle next time I'm in that store. Dunno why the Tie Bomber is ringing up that way. You found it where I did, with the marked price that I found it. The shelf it was on had a sign stating to take and additional 50% off marked price...

Mvader91

Jedi Initiate
Jun 7, 2007
Carmel Indiana
Doh! Rest assured I'll scoop those clones back to the clearance isle next time I'm in that store. Dunno why the Tie Bomber is ringing up that way. You found it where I did, with the marked price that I found it. The shelf it was on had a sign stating to take and additional 50% off marked price...
Thanks for the tip at least Walmart seems to always jack their"Clearance"" pricing? lol

darth maul rat

Jedi Initiate
Mar 10, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
I was at a Walmart in Terrible Haute today and found Vintage Waves 4 and 5. The only figure they didn't have was the new Padme in outlander disguise... which is the one figure I really want from the wave.

Also not happy about the $8.96 price point for Vintage now...
I agree. I know there are a lot of outside forces causing it. (I work in the gasoline industry). But still. For some reason, I just cannot get too jazzed about these waves. It's either the price or the figures themselves or a combination of both. But I am not in any great hurry to get them. Except for R5-D4. I love my astromechs.

-dmr

OC47150

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 16, 2001
New Albany, Ind.
Visit site
I finally found Hevy today at the Clarksville WM. Made my day.

I'm not happy about the price increase, either. I figure, after figures are clogging up the pegs for another month or so, some of the stores might reduce the price.

darth maul rat

Jedi Initiate
Mar 10, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
I finally found Hevy today at the Clarksville WM. Made my day.

I'm not happy about the price increase, either. I figure, after figures are clogging up the pegs for another month or so, some of the stores might reduce the price.
Yeah, it might be like that month or so that everyone had the Iron Man figures for $5.00

Hit a bunch of stores today and had nothing to show for it. Started out with the Avon WM, Target and Meijer, then the Plainfield WM and Target. All of them had nothing. Then later in the day my son and I hit the Eastside TRU. If anyone needs them they had three of each of the Battle over Endor packs. Then we ended things at the Pendleton Pike WM. Nothing new at all. Oh well...

-dmr

darth maul rat

Jedi Initiate
Mar 10, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
dmr - head to the East Washington Street WM. They have most of the AOTC wave. I picked up Padme there this afternoon. Still have yet to see Zam or the Senate Guard. I have found the rest of that wave though...
Man, I was down the street from there Sunday at the TRU, but my son and I had been to the convention at 21st and Shadeland and he wanted to hit the Eastside Comic Carnival before we headed back to the West Side, so we ended up at the Pendleton Pike one instead. I think in all the years that I have gone by the East Washington WM I have never had any luck there. Oh Well.

-dmr