It's College Football Again!

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Letdown? Apparently, as turnover-riddled OSU dumped a big loss at Iowa. Wisconsin seems to be the only consistency in the BIG TenWithMoreThan10Teams. YSU rebounded with a big win at Indiana St., while Pitt was bye-ing time off.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
OSU's big win on Senior Day sends them to The Game next week as the division winners (will face JJB's Wisconsin Badges [we don't need no stinkin' ones! ] the week after). Pitt got stuffed on 4th-and-goal to end the game vs. VA Tech (another Forumite's team). YSU wins big at home to end their year at 6-5, but out of the FCS playoffs.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Pitt rankles the playoffs rankings by Turnover Chain-ing the 'Canes to end an otherwise-down year. Ohio State wins, but depending on the health of QB J.T. Barrett IV, may have hurt themselves for next week's conference title game (and Coach Meyer says a cameraman hit him prior to game time?). There are now just two undefeated teams (Wisconsin and Central FL) in FBS, with 'Bama's loss.

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
This has to be the craziest CFB season I can remember. There's a real possibility that there will be no undefeated teams in the playoffs. There could even be a couple of two-loss teams in as well. I will be rooting for chaos next weekend.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
This has to be the craziest CFB season I can remember. There's a real possibility that there will be no undefeated teams in the playoffs. There could even be a couple of two-loss teams in as well. I will be rooting for chaos next weekend.
Well, there will be no undefeated playoff teams, since I doubt Central FL will be among the four. Going in: #1 Clemson won (they're definitely in), #2 Auburn lost (I believe they are out), #3 Oklahoma won (pretty sure they're in), #4 Wisconsin lost (obviously out). Since #6 Georgia won, it's almost certain they are in, leaving one more slot (BIG10 champ Ohio State, Pac-12 Champ USC, SEC West #2 Alabama, outside longshot in 12-0 AAC champ UCF). I think the Buckeyes sneak in again as the #4 team, and revenge against #1 Clemson would be sweeter than buckeye candy. But if they don't get selected, maybe they will return to the Rose Bowl, if it's not a "playoff" bowl this year.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Ohio State hangs in there to defeat Penn State in Happy Valley. Pitt did not get any help from the refs, but they were going to lose down at Central FL. YSU was close, but a failed onside kick recovery late meant another loss.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
OSU holds on at home vs. 2-conference win Nebraska (didn't there used to be a 'Huskers fan here on the boards?), Pitt handles #25 Virginia on the road, and while YSU was tied entering the 4th vs. top-ranked ND State it did not end with a victory.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
It was Senior Night for Pitt (big, BIG win over VA Tech, setting a school record for yards of offense) and YSU (over No. Iowa), while OSU was on the road and handled Mich. St. If both the Panthers and Buckeyes win out, they each win their respective conference divisions and will play for their titles; YSU: well, they will play games because they're on the schedule.