It's Rogue Friday!

Mr. JabbaJohnL

Jedi Council Member
Nov 12, 2001
Tatooine
Or Force Friday II, or Go Rogue Day, or That Day When Your Wallet Hurts.

I was about 50th in line at the Burbank TRU when I arrived, appropriately, at 11:38 p.m. The shirts and posters were gone as of about two people ahead of me. Unlike last year at Times Square, the basic figures were very well stocked and I was able to get the entire first wave. I also picked up Hera's A-wing. The Black Series figures were wiped out aside from Rey (whose face looks a little better now, maybe?), and I didn't see any Hovertank Pilots.

At Target this morning, I was second in line, and the first guy only wanted Funko stuff. I was able to get the first TBS 6" wave and all three VS. two-packs, which put me over the $100 minimum for their coupon to get $25 off. (Text FORCE10 to 827438 to get $10 off a $50 purchase, or text FORCE25 to get $25 off a $100 purchase.)

I don't think this year will be quite the same frenzy as the TFA launch, which means stuff should be a little easier to find.

Did anyone else luck out?

Apr 28, 2013
I was third in line at my TRU. The crowd was considerably smaller than last year. It started to rain, and TRU let us come in from the rain. Got the poster and the T-shirt, but the shirts were only in sizes M and L. Only the two little kids in line were able to fit into the shirts. The TRU staff was puzzled by the odd shirt sizes. I had a gift card from my birthday and bought the BS death trooper, the hovertank pilot, and two of the Lego First Order officer mini-figs.

The local WM didn't have a single thing out on the floor. The toy manager left orders for the stuff to go out this morning, not midnight.

At a second WM, it was a complete turn-around from the previous WM. The staff was helpful, brought merch out on the skids while we pateintly waited. Bought the basic Jyn and Sabine and the BS Jyn.

At both WMs, last night and again today, there were none of the WM BS exclusives. Still at the warehouse, the 'puter said.

Fourth and final stop was Meijer. Very little stuff initially on the pegs but the staff rolled the flat out and my buddy and I helped him stock the shelves.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Or Force Friday II, or Go Rogue Day, or That Day When Your Wallet Hurts.

I was about 50th in line at the Burbank TRU when I arrived, appropriately, at 11:38 p.m.

(Text FORCE10 to 827438 to get $10 off a $50 purchase, or text FORCE25 to get $25 off a $100 purchase.)

I don't think this year will be quite the same frenzy as the TFA launch, which means stuff should be a little easier to find.

Did anyone else luck out?
Nice timing!

I only went to one store, and after 5pm, so there wasn't much. I did spend just over $50 on girls toys... a 6" TBS Rey & BB-8, 3.75" Jyn, and a TFA Rey w/ Speeder that just wasn't going to go on sale at Target apparently (so warmed on the pegs over the month, I wrote words in the dust while waiting in the checkout line :pleased: ). Would like a Sabine 3.75" and perhaps an affordable Rogue One Lego set (is there such a product? :( ), but not much else I can think of now.

[edit] Was near a W*M today, and I rarely go into them anymore, but I found Sabine and Kannan... and a few gravy packets (hey, I was getting low on 'em; don't judge). Guess my annual trip to Wally World is now done! :brusheshands:

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2013
Found the new WM BS exclusives at the Morehead, KY WM Saturday night. Surprised that there were at least two cases still on the pegs at 7 p.m.! Bought Ahsoka and the royal guard. I have a feeling Lando and Ackbar will be easier to find.

Mad Slanted Powers

Jedi Commander
May 20, 2002
Bellingham, WA
www.madslantedpowers.com
I saw the ad in Target the Sunday before Force Friday, and assumed I missed the release date. So, after work on Monday I debated going over to the other side of town to check Walmart and Target. I ended up going without bothering to double-check when the release date was. So, no luck on Monday. I went back Friday and got 5 basic 3 3/4 figures, and 3 of the two-packs. I did not see Sabine, and I passed on Kylo since I didn't know if it was a repack (I have the original, but not the unmasked version).

I eventually found Sabine at Kohl's on 10/8, but still have passed on Kylo.