Journey to ROS cards (and Series I-II?)

The OC47150

Jedi Initiate
Images of these cards started showing up on Pinterest in the last week or so. Mostly character shots but they look good. I saw a box ROS cards at Target over the weekend.

Just from the Pinterest pictures, I'd buy this set before the Skywalker cards.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
I ordered a set today, with the foil inserts set; decent price. Will post after I receive 'em, but I will be on the lookout for packs at Target (I really like those ESB-border insert sets, exclusive to Target), too.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Wow; talk about fast shipping! (actually, you don't need to; I'll do it, as I got it today) The set has the same blue border as the other Journey to... sets. It's divided into 3 thematic parts: "Hope" (about 40 cards), "Learning From Failure" (only 12 cards... with none from ROJ?!?) , and "Battle of Light & Dark" (around 40 cards). Some reused images (mostly from the original and prequel trilogies), pretty good back-of-card captions. The foil set was not worth getting (dull, unimaginative, no captions).
Still haven't found any Target packs yet.

[edit: insert Anakin's "LIAR!" line here] Found some packs today at Target: bought three 6-cards and one 16-cards packs. Got one of the ESB-border cards (Leia), a sticker (Lando), some color parallels and a couple inserts. I think I may be done, unless I find a deal on some of the inserts in some lot auction.

But I do have a few extras in the base set now, plus one foil (#7 Trooper, IIRC).

Last edited:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
And the "real" set, minus the Journey part, is out at Target (and I assume, hobby shops that exist in places outside of the region where I reside). There are some "plot" cards, not just characters and vehicles/locations, but no back-of-card captions or descriptions. It says the base set is 99 cards, with about 5 insert sets. I bought a 10-pack (plus medallion card) box and two 16-card packs; it got my about half the base set and a few color parallels, plus a few of the inserts and one sticker. I'll seek out a set online (right now, they seem to be around $13-16) or see if a lot is available and pick up the rest as "choose your card" auctions.

[edit] Found a set for just over $10, so I'll have about 60 extras (plus a couple insert cards) once it arrives.

Last edited:

The OC47150

Jedi Initiate
Haven't seen the 'real' cards yet. Looked on Saturday when I was out.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
It's a really nice set of images; I am eagerly awaiting Series 2 whenever that's out.

Here are the extras I have (almost all just 1 of each; forgot to check on any multiple extras):
1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 12-14, 18-21, 23-25, 27, 30-33, 36, 37, 39, 41, 43-45, 47, 48, 50, 52, 54-58, 61-63, 65-67, 69, 70, 72, 74-76, 79-82, 84-87, 90-92, 94, 96, 97, 99

Blue parallels: 57, 90.

Inserts: CR-7, IC-12, -15, -16

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
TROS Series 2 seems to have a "hobby shop" release of June 12, 2020 (I wonder how the world will be by June, to allow items in stores and allow people to go to those stores in-person to buy them). It's 100 cards, plus 6 insert sets and a puzzle.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
There are some good online deals on TROS series 2 card sets (but not for the inserts: those are pricey right now). Mine, after shipping and tax and discount, was under $10 total. I'll report later this week how they look.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Well, I got my "set" in the mail today. ... anybody need an extra card #31, to trade for a missing #30 card? Oh well; I found some single inserts that're cool (schematics), so I added in that base card to my new order ("your new order?!?"). I won't seek out any of the other inserts, though (too dull).

The captions are fairly basic, but the front images are great. The back descriptions are interesting, and seem to let the reader follow the story along, instead of just restating what's in the photo. The borders are simple, but allow for more of the image to show.
[edit] In reading those card captions, there is a motif of alliteration (I counted over 12 such examples). And the card backs vary in length: some only 4 lines long, while others cover most of the back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom