Kmart exclusive Ewok Assault Catapult set

Mr. JabbaJohnL

Jedi Council Member
Nov 12, 2001
Tatooine
Photos have surfaced of the upcoming Ewok Assault Catapult set that's coming to Kmart. The catapult itself is an awesome-looking new sculpt, and the set includes two new (repainted) Ewoks! One is light brown and tan striped with a light blue hood, bringing some diversity in that area, and the other is a brown one that appears to be a big David Bowie fan. :p It looks like the catapult might have a firing mechanism, given the rope that's seen in the loose shot, but the piece doesn't suffer for it visually. This set looks too damn cool!

Snowtrooper

Sith Apprentice
Sep 14, 2006
This set looks really neat. Any idea what the names of the ewoks are?

Mr. JabbaJohnL

Jedi Council Member
Nov 12, 2001
Tatooine
The Ewoks are seen loading the boulder into the catapult in this image and in a behind-the-scenes photo as well. It seems that the light-colored one might be based on the same Ewok that was the basis for Nho'Apakk, and looks to share the same head (on the TVC Logray body), but now has stripes and a lighter hood.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
It does look cool, and lately I too have felt that Ewok stuff is awesome. But what is this "Kmart" of which you spoke? Is that somehow related to the Mart of Wal, or a less-quick qwiky-mart? :rolleyes:

Snowtrooper

Sith Apprentice
Sep 14, 2006
Its apparently been confirmed that this and the Imperial scanning crew sets are going to hit KMarts in October. Its $16 for the imperial set and $21 for the Ewok set.

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
And it costs me an additional $11 to drive to K-Mart if the one I'm thinking of is still open at the location I knew of.

The one across the street from me closed.

This wouldn't be a problem, but I'm collecting these two sets.

Snowtrooper

Sith Apprentice
Sep 14, 2006
The closest Kmart to me is 70 miles away. Fortunately my brother lives close to one, so I'll probably depend on him to locate a few of these.

mtriv73

Jedi Apprentice
Feb 6, 2002
Visit site
Got the ewok catapult at the K-mart in Frederick, MD today. Officially, the store is set to have its reset done Monday but since they had left the box out by mistake I got to get one. The scanner packs aren't in yet.

Snowtrooper

Sith Apprentice
Sep 14, 2006
I think they are repaints, although I couldn't tell you which specific ones right off. It was originally supposed to come with the spotted ewok, but that got changed along the way. Looks like I'll have to keep an eye out for these.

Snowtrooper

Sith Apprentice
Sep 14, 2006
Yes. It was the spotted one with the white face I believe. Somewhere, there is a pic of the actual figure with the catapult.

Attachments