L.A. area Just Found

Tycho

Jedi Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
I want to know if anyone here knows where Turbowars lives? I want to buy a Sith Infiltrator and stick it in his yard like a Lawn Knome :laugh:

Actually, I'll buy like 12, park around the corner, and every time he comes outside to get rid of it, I'll stash another one there as soon as he goes back inside!

To be honest, Turbo can make out with this plan as if he returned them all to Target he'd get $240+ off me - but I wouldn't let him get it the easy way!

Turbowars

Jedi Commander
Sep 8, 2001
Far Far Away
Visit site
I want to know if anyone here knows where Turbowars lives? I want to buy a Sith Infiltrator and stick it in his yard like a Lawn Knome :laugh:

Actually, I'll buy like 12, park around the corner, and every time he comes outside to get rid of it, I'll stash another one there as soon as he goes back inside!

To be honest, Turbo can make out with this plan as if he returned them all to Target he'd get $240+ off me - but I wouldn't let him get it the easy way!
Wow, you would do that just for me?:D

Aug 16, 2001
Los Angeles

Find the R2 mailbox next to NBC, head West for two blocks, make a right.

Tycho

Jedi Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
It would make a funny YouTube video for sure!

Then film the customer service counter in Target when Turbo carries a stack of 12 of the ships in stacked 6ft high, or wheels that many in on a shopping cart and zoom in on the employee's expression behind the counter.

See if Turbo eBays them, he'll have to spend 12 weeks doing so dealing with his much-hated ship or he'll deflate his own auction prices by flooding them out there.

And if Target only allows so much of a return without a receipt, we could follow him to various Targets, Toys R Us stores, Wal-Marts, etc. or see him try to sell those to Jackie Chan or Headphones outside of Frank And Sons' and get that on film. Hehe.

The point being Turbo: you'd see more of that ship than you'd ever care to and EARN your $240 or such.:D

If you want to go to the store to buy items and you are a fan member with a 4 day pass you can have an exclusive time in the store till 9am Friday. It costs nothing to do it you just go back to the web site of Gen Con and pick a time.
"The Celebration IV Store opens at 10am on Thursday, May 24th and runs 24 hours a day until 2pm Monday, May 28th. Official Star Wars Fan Club members who purchase 4-day badges will have exclusive access to the Celebration Store from 10am on Thursday, May 24th until 9 am Friday, May 25th."
This is the quote form the Web site
That sucks, I thought that it meant that the fan club members had all day Thursday to hit the store. So if I've waited this long to pre-register, am I gonna get stuck with a 3am reservation?

BlueSnags

Jedi Initiate
Mar 10, 2002
Burbank
Visit site
I reserved a time on Thursday from 12PM to 3PM. Gotta get in early and get out.

Found the WM-Exclusive Treachery on Saleucami Battle Pack earlier today - very cool set! It's cool to finally have a Commander Neyo figure. Also grabbed 3 more McQuarrie Troopers and 2 more Galactic Marines while at WM.:laugh:

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Spotted a few Tantive IV Battle Packs at Target West Hollywood tonight. Also, they have a bunch of the ROTS Clone Trooper Blaster on clearance (unmarked) for $4.98, this is actually the fairly-decent POTF2 Stormtrooper blaster mold but instead of ridiculous white or camo or the new goofy clean gray & black with huge logo, it's just black with silver paint weathering (and that blaster toy is based directly on Kenner's Electronic Laser Rifle mold, which itself was based on the 3-Position Laser Rifle toy but without the moving motor and folding stock, which is the one drawback to this mold since the folding stock under the barrel is the accurate look and no stock is no accurate).

Are the Infiltrator and the V wing Target Exclusives?

P.S. and no "only dumb people jokes..." ; )
No, they are not exclusives.

I just realized, my post count is gonna take a hit from losing that thread. :p

OK, I registered for CIV 4-day pass, but only had late times for the store (after 1am). That sucks. So, I'm going to the store on Friday. Hey Snags, give me a call when you're at the store if there's anything cool that looks like it will run out.

CrunchyNug

Jedi Initiate
Aug 22, 2001
Hollywood, CA
Visit site
I got a 4-day pass. I'll probably pop into the store sometime before the weekend, but it looks like my options are shrinking due to the popularity of this new Quick Path. Gotta make my reserevation now.:whip:

Commtech

Jedi Initiate
Jun 14, 2006
Burbank
If anyone can stash or pick up a mint card Concept Trooper for me I would greatly appreciate it. Haven't found the darn thing in perfect shape! :(

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
Last night I saw a carpload of boxes at WM out in Beaumont. The only SW-related box I saw was for the Vader w/ coin album. So, presumably, that and the figures should be on shelves at Wally World soon.

I picked up a Mongol for myself. They also had Kal-El, but that figure is stupid.

toonimator

Jedi Initiate
Jan 12, 2006
Got to Target a couple minutes late, missed the Battlestar Pegasus & Classic Cylon Raider Titaniums (Plumber Bob beat me to 'em), the only other neat thing they had was 4 Tantive IV BPs (and a random 41st Elite on the pegs). All seemed to be the normal variety with 2 different Rebel heads, but I got nitpicky on paint & warped accessories and decided to pass for now. Eventually I'll get a pack, and try swapping Stormtrooper helmets & belts with a couple TSC Sandtroopers for better accuracy on both sides... just gotta convince myself I can find a use for Vader and live with 2 more crappy-body RFTs. Fritzkrieg's female RFT customs over on Rebelscum are a strong temptation for the helmets & vests, at least (though he used VTSC Han's vest).

wampaslayr

Jedi Initiate
Feb 13, 2002
Visit site
Oh, I forgot another sighting, the TAC Vader/Coin Holder sets were at Los Feliz TRU tonight, $10.99 each, they had a half dozen or so.
I wonder if the TRU's are going to sell it for different prices. I bought my Vader/Coin Holder at the TRU in Thousand Oaks over the weekend and they were selling for $9.99 which is the same price as Target. I thought that was strange because TRU is always higher on their toys than Target or WM. I also found a Battle Droid at another TRU and paid $6.99 for it. I was expecting at least $7.99. For all I know the prices may have changed since I bought mine.

TheCivilCollector

Jedi Initiate
Mar 26, 2002
East Colorado Target in Pasadena has all the comic 2-packs and has the snow-bunny padme on clearance for 13.98. I actually bought it at that price.

K M Toydarian

Jedi Initiate
Jun 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Visit site
Oh, I forgot another sighting, the TAC Vader/Coin Holder sets were at Los Feliz TRU tonight, $10.99 each, they had a half dozen or so.
I actually bought the Vader album at Los Felix TU on the 15th for 9.99. They were on the shelf with a few Obi Wans and R2s. I can't believe they upped the price! Pretty sneaky to raise the price the weekend their Star Wars gift card promotion kicks off. I think thats a little unscrupulous.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
I wonder if the TRU's are going to sell it for different prices. I bought my Vader/Coin Holder at the TRU in Thousand Oaks over the weekend and they were selling for $9.99 which is the same price as Target. I thought that was strange because TRU is always higher on their toys than Target or WM. I also found a Battle Droid at another TRU and paid $6.99 for it. I was expecting at least $7.99. For all I know the prices may have changed since I bought mine.
TRU seems to be charging more for everything that's not a basic figure pricepoint, the vehicles are $5 more, the Unleashed BPs I think are a buck more. Based on what Toydarian just said, my guess is they originally had it set to MSRP and then changed it after the weekend.

I actually bought the Vader album at Los Felix TU on the 15th for 9.99. They were on the shelf with a few Obi Wans and R2s. I can't believe they upped the price! Pretty sneaky to raise the price the weekend their Star Wars gift card promotion kicks off. I think thats a little unscrupulous.
None of the TAC basic figures were there yesterday. :( Raising the price for the promo is pretty sleazy. It's still $10 on their website too:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2486972
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2486972&cp=&pg=1&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2254197&sr=1&origkw=star+wars&kw=star+wars&s=A-StorePrice-TRUS&parentPage=search

toonimator

Jedi Initiate
Jan 12, 2006
I picked up a Mongol for myself. They also had Kal-El, but that figure is stupid.
Kal-El's the one with the 'headband' of sorts, right? I wouldn't call it 'stupid'... just 'not good for Superman'. A couple more tweaks and it'd have made a pretty cool Eradicator, or even a Superman:TAS Jor-El with some heavier retooling.

A couple weeks ago I saw TONS of that guy at the WMs around Magic Mountain. He'll be the new "rehashed Supes from the old Batman/Superman 2-pack of 3 years ago" from the Luthor/Brainiac/Darkseid wave, I think... that is, if the regular and angry Supermen don't prevent him from reaching pegs at other stores :p

Target's 4 JLU basic figure pegs are now completely full of Superman & Batman, with one Steel and a yellow-card blue-cape Wonder Woman (return?) to show how bad it really is.