L.A. area Just Found

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
I am very saddened by the potential closing of Toys R Us stores. I used the word potential because of that rumor that somebody is trying to fund saving them.

Besides mainstream toys this is an excellent outlet for things like dinosaur fossil kits and stuffed animals - things you don't normally see stocked at Target and Walmart. The Uncle Milton science kits. Maybe they are at Target and Walmart? I don't regularly go to those aisles looking for them. I do enjoy perusing Toys R Us and looking at stuff I normally don't buy.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
That is not going anywhere, they're putting up $200 mil cash and JUST need another $800 mil. ANOTHER. EIGHT. HUNDRED. MILLION. DOLLARS.
Well, if customers bought their in-stock, high-quality merchandise, that amount would... oh, wait. Yeah.

I would love to see something like that happen, but 21st century kids and adults aren't buying toys like they used to; so this is just a symptom, not a cause, of a larger ailment. :(

figrin bran

Jedi Commander
May 4, 2002
Los Angeles
Visit site
They have that Secrets of the Empire installation at the Glendale Galleria now. Any locals interested in trying it out? Sounds like groups of 4 would be the ideal and it would be $30 per person.

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
Target Culver City had some of the Solo stuff on Friday, no discounts. Also had Studio Series Transformers, whole line.
Does the studio series poleline means blackout was there? Or is just a smaller cars like stinger released? I might have some interest there.

- Target had all the solar wave 1 6 in today but I was disappointed. Lando look too skinny I would have liked to have seen Kiara. She's not in that way as far as I can tell. I saw Tarkin and I think you said was a little big. The range Trooper looked cool but I don't know exactly what he does and what I want him for. Ultimately the sculpt is not that great which I have to have him. I think Han and Chewie figures dress differently fight him so we'll have to wait and see anyway I felt like I was going through the motions and I'm tired of it.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Target had Blackout, I bought him, you'll be frustrated that he's not taller and that his transformation is a LOT of panels and they don't all fit properly, but you'll still probably like him.

With Star Wars, Hasbro is counting on people like you to go through the motions rather than make discerning choice, it's important! ;-)

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
Target had Blackout, I bought him, you'll be frustrated that he's not taller and that his transformation is a LOT of panels and they don't all fit properly, but you'll still probably like him.

With Star Wars, Hasbro is counting on people like you to go through the motions rather than make discerning choice, it's important! ;-)
I never bought Blackout because he ...

1) wasn't Leader size (he's not?)

2) wore a backpack with the blades instead of transformed.
(Is it the same, again?!!!)

So I may NOT get him. I watch a lot of those reviews on YouTube now. Times have really changed and my presence has quieted because I have so much less time. (Writing novels is a wonderful thing, a fun thing. But to be professional about it, it's ultimately running a business. I'm quite surprised how that turned out, but I'm good with it - just busy all the time.)

But I will search for a YouTube review.

BTW, I just watched a good YouTube review on the New Millennium Falcon toy. I am not going to purchase it after all but I would have fun playing with it for about 15 to 20 minutes. I'm not sure less than a half an hour is worth $100 LOL. But I would probably play with it for another 15 or 20 minutes on another day.

As to the rest about Hasbro, I think E9 ( to go through the motions ) and an Obi-Wan movie (if it's what I want) are the last movies I will run for toys after. Key word: AFTER.

I'm not going to buy at "midnight madness" (not even cool w.o. TRU) or Force Fridays because I honestly want to see the film first.

Aliens I can add to several modern dioramas are the exception (anything for Maz Castle or Jeddah street battle).

I am not buying ridiculous rehashes on the vintage cards, except maybe the Hoth soldier.
I DO want Snoke, but anticipate a battlepack once the old man starts to pegwarm because the other characters are more popular. The main reason is I think I will also get a throne chair (plastic) and more Praetorian Guards. I hope the chair is not part of the cardboard, but if I bet wrong, I'll get him on ebay for $50 in 2029 or something.

As it stands, I don't have room for more stuff and need to be selective. I hope kids want Star Wars - OT and PT even. If so, they could be so young they don't have Tatooine Luke or Greedo and we older collectors have to tolerate that coming back, and I'm going to have the most trouble with obscurites that I always wanted.

I'm excited for the 6" Gamorrean though. But I could not buy Tarkin (in my hand) and am pretty particular. I am getting the 6" Dewback as a gift for someone who you can guess, but might order online and ship it straight to the recipient. (They know already.) I got the JediForce or Galactic Heroes one for myself ;)

Are you being selective? How so?

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
My Targets (RC, Ontario, Upland) in the IE finally got some Solo product in: I actually purchased some (3.75" Vintage FO Trooper, Han/M.Falcon Hot Wheels Battle Roller) and passed on others (Vintage Rey, Jyn, Kylo, Snoke; TBS 6" Solo Story Han; Kessel Run Falcon, Swoop Bike, & Corellia Speeder toys; 3.75" Luke & Wampa, QiRa, Chewie, Maz; 2 packs like Maul/Qui-Gon & Lando/whatever villain came with). I wonder if there'll be a coupon for buying $50+ in SW items (I can see it being easier to justify that much, than for TLJ or R1, for me).

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
I never bought Blackout because he ...

1) wasn't Leader size (he's not?)

2) wore a backpack with the blades instead of transformed.
(Is it the same, again?!!!)

So I may NOT get him. I watch a lot of those reviews on YouTube now. Times have really changed and my presence has quieted because I have so much less time. (Writing novels is a wonderful thing, a fun thing. But to be professional about it, it's ultimately running a business. I'm quite surprised how that turned out, but I'm good with it - just busy all the time.)

But I will search for a YouTube review.
Well, this one is leader class, but it's short, the character has a lot of bulk so instead of being tall, he's thick. The vehicle mode is pretty big though. It's meant to be in scale with the new Studio Series deluxes.

I don't know what you're on about with the blades, they all fold up and lay on the back like the one in the film, except the first Legends class where they didn't fold up.

BTW, I just watched a good YouTube review on the New Millennium Falcon toy. I am not going to purchase it after all but I would have fun playing with it for about 15 to 20 minutes. I'm not sure less than a half an hour is worth $100 LOL. But I would probably play with it for another 15 or 20 minutes on another day.

As to the rest about Hasbro, I think E9 ( to go through the motions ) and an Obi-Wan movie (if it's what I want) are the last movies I will run for toys after. Key word: AFTER.

I'm not going to buy at "midnight madness" (not even cool w.o. TRU) or Force Fridays because I honestly want to see the film first.
It's over, close up shop, when Tycho stops caring, Star Wars is dead. :p

Are you being selective? How so?
Recent Star Wars purchases:
- 6" Range Trooper
- Hot Wheels Lando Calrissian "Solo" car
- Hot Wheels "Solo" Falcon carship
- Disney Parks Build-a-Droid Protocol Droids
- 6" Ep 8 Poe Dameron for $4.50
- Hot Wheels Rogue One Imperial Combat Assault Tank on clearance
- ... that's it.

Star Wars is on life support unfortunately in my surroundings. Hasbro's throttled the life out of it.

Reactions: Tycho

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
Thank you for answering my questions esp. about Blackout. I'm not sure about him. Anybody know if a 3rd party Blackout i's bigger and better? Something old MP Starscream size, is acceptable.

I'd really like to one-day build the Vondar (not sure if that's correct) train heist diorama. Only way to do that is 3 3/4". Right now it's the only Solo stuff I'd consider besides his landspeeder to get a new speedo for my dioramas.

I had the complete set of 6" in my hands and turned it down.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Next weekend is the Comic Con Revolution (5/19-20). Timothy Zahn's two panels (Sat. 19th: 4-5pm, Sun. 20th: 3-4pm) are now online with the rest of the schedule. Saturday, as is often the case with many multiple-day conventions, has more than Sunday, with a couple concurrent ones that will require choices. Of one. This one. But none to conflict with a certain author of Chiss military leaders. Too bad his sequel Thrawn novel's been delayed until July. :(

Oh, no SW items worth buying around my locale. :(

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I keep thinking I will find a Solo Lando, or a Han, or a Vintage Hoth Trooper. I do not see these items in my area's stores. I also have been looking for single packs of Solo cards (only found the 10-pack boxes) at Target (or anywhere else, for that matter). I do not see these items in my area's stores. I might buy a Solo K2 or Chewbacca or Qi'Ra at some point, since I do see these items in my area's stores. Snoke is a joke pegwarmer; I wanted to get him, but he is so hideous in appearance (his design, not his ugly mug), it will require a deep discount sale.

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
I am waiting for the inevitable Battle Pack to get snoke who will come on a throne chair. And I can add to the praetorian guards. I do not need another kylo Ren or Rey. But probably one or both will be put in the pack as well.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I finally found a Mimban Trooper at Target, plus shelled out $1.80 for a TLJ Finn, on sale at Barnes & Noble.

[edit] In opening up Finn, his jacket has the stitching on the back from the TFA saber wound. Nice touch.

[edit, once again] Finally found a Vintage Coll. Hoth Soldier. I'm done with this wave now (at least, my interest in it is done).

Last edited:

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
I also got the Gamorrean during the recent server issues, Culver City Target had 2, I bought them both because of my bad luck blues, but my first one was fine so back went the other one.

Target CC also had the latest wave of Transformers: Generations on Friday.

The 6" Bespin Leia exclusive is hitting, I ordered it from the online to pick up today, it says it's ready so I guess they have 'em.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tycho