data-csrf="1558321068,2894f11f751b0cfdad75409a1396c0ec" L.A. area Just Found | The Force Guide

L.A. area Just Found

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Of all places, I was in a Dollar Tree today and found TBS Titanium series mini helmets of Vader/Sabine, Finn 2187/FO TIE, Deathtrooper/Rebel Commando, and Boushh/Fett. For $1 each. Score! But the K-Mart closing "near" me (it is still about 15-20 miles away) had no worthwhile SW items (just some TLJ 3 3/4" pegwarmers and a couple 12" Solo figs).

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Oh, those are a good find, I didn't see those at my local Dollar Tree!

I'm not even going to visit smelly ol' Kmart on 3rd street, it's going out of business and I know how miserable it's gonna be in there.

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
At Ross I got a third ski speeder for $6.99. In case they ever make a gorilla Walker I will have three speeders 4 Poe Finn and Rose. If they had another one I'd get it for Ello ( or his species of pilot of which there are several in Black Squadron).

I also got six in Black Series praetorian guard with the flat helmet from the exclusive 4 pack for $18 on eBay.

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
I am thankful this season has been very good to me in my collecting hobby. I actually do not own the 6 inch. I'm not buying all of them, but love the figures. Rio contends with the Gamorrean Guard for 6 inch figure of the year! (He's open, on my desk. Love that green Lil piggy.) But got the tank for $38 - though was going to buy it anyway. But Ben Solo was expensive and so is having nieces and a nephew. Also, I got some great bargains like a $3 Black Series General Leia, $18 for the 3rd and exclusive 6" Praetorian Guard from the 4-pack, etc. The state of the hobby looks good to me right now, but the retailers ordered too late. It wasnt represented well in the stores and the vintage cards had too many repacks, no doubt to save Hasbro from financial troubles.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Target has put some of its 3 3/4" SW figs on clearance, and at different prices (TLJ: I noticed $3.98, Solo: for $5.58). I picked up a Qi'ra: Corellia. No sign of wave 4 figs aside from Molloch [sp?], whom I already have.

[edit] I walked into a Wal*Mart for the first time in I-don't-know-when, but aside from TBS Jyn in Pegwarmer Gear, a not-yet-discounted Vintage TIE Fighter exclusive, and a dented Vintage Cassian, nothing I was in need of there; [womp] rats.

Last edited:
Reactions: JediTricks

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Culver City Target (Fox Hills) had Star Wars Resistance 2-packs for $15 each, Poe with BB-8, and Jarek Yeager with Bucket. $15 is waaaay too rich for my blood for skinny, small, 5POA figures with small droid buddies, but the sculpting was nice on both, and Bucket looks like a fun figure.

Same store also had the new Transformers Botbots 5packs.

Hawthorne Target had the $30 vehicles - Solo's Landspeeder and the A-wing - for $15 each, other Targets had 'em for $20.

Torrance Walmart had new Hot Wheels Carships and Character Cars from Solo.

Reactions: Maradona

figrin bran

Jedi Commander
May 4, 2002
Los Angeles
Visit site
I got vintage collection Ach-to Rey in the mail the other day. Those Mimban troopers may have been horribly mis distributed but at least got distributed. The Reys ended up becoming an online exclusive and taken away from WM.

Also scored a Trypticon for $59.99 from the Alhambra Burlington coat factory.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I saw 3 Resistance single 3 3/4" figs (grey female, light blue female, green jacket) at the Upland W*M, but you're right, JT, $7.99 for such small toys is an overpriced gouging. No great discounts on vehicles here, though. New Lego sets (with Lego Vader logo) are becoming common.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Walmart in Garden Grove had 6" TBS Padme for $14.92. I bought one, left the other there.

Walmart in Torrance (by the 405) had the Padme wave but for $19.92, I passed since I have the figures I want.