Midwest Earthquake

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
I felt something that woke me up, but I didn't think much of it. Just went to the bathroom to wash up and then, uncharacteristically, back to bed for a quick nap.

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
My father, currently living near the Andes Mountains in Argentina, felt the quake yesterday. He said it shook his home for nearly three minutes.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I haven't felt any, but a 4.4 about 10 miles east of me, plus three 3.0+ aftershocks.

On the local news report about it, an anchor got caught reading a naughty Twitter handle; THAT is why you NEVER give those social media names recognition when it's live news.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Apparently a 2.9 one this morning was centered very close to the school where I teach. It was a quick less-than-a-second jolt one; my students and I thought it was someone working and walking on the roof.

TeeEye7

Jedi Apprentice
February 9th was the 45th anniversary of the Sylmar quake. That was one way of getting out of school for the day. Also, an interesting way to be awakened.

Our house sustained cracked walls and one broken window but that was it. My high school took a moderate hit in damage: Cracked walls, fallen ceiling tiles, and light fixtures throughout the facility. The pool lost a quantity of water from being sloshed out from the quake's movement, as well.

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
That one was apparently very close to me, but I didn't know about it until reading about it on Facebook this morning.

JimJamBonds

Jedi Commander
May 22, 2005
www.myspace.com