Midwest Earthquake

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Yesterday, for the first time in all my years "tracking" earthquakes via the geological site, I noticed there were none listed as within the past day/hour, and "only" 490 total quakes over the past week (in CA and NV). By this morning, apparently there were 264 within the past 8-9 hours (with several in the 3.0+ range), spread all throughout both states. But none really local to me; I felt nothing.

TeeEye7

Jedi Apprentice
Yesterday, for the first time in all my years "tracking" earthquakes via the geological site, I noticed there were none listed as within the past day/hour, and "only" 490 total quakes over the past week (in CA and NV). By this morning, apparently there were 264 within the past 8-9 hours (with several in the 3.0+ range), spread all throughout both states. But none really local to me; I felt nothing.
Hello? Carole King?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbQ4m-NqeF8

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
But I said I didn't feel the earth, move, un-der my feet... :pleased:

I've noticed on the site that some quakes are now listed with "Probable quarry explosion" after them. If a team scores late to cap an amazing football or soccer comeback, will it be labeled "Probable fan explosion"?

TeeEye7

Jedi Apprentice
Apparently around 1:00am this morning, there was a 5.2 quake centered maybe 30 miles SW of me, with dozens of aftershocks (4 or so of at least 3.0 magnitude). Again, I felt nothing.
I felt nothing and this was the largest in a while of this magnitude.
Granted we're way north of you both but 5.2 is an attention-getter! Our local news had no story on this at all. Also, no reports from LA family members, either (San Fernando Valley). Strange.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
The CA/NV site shows 1771 different earthquakes over the past week; I can search through this SSG thread to see if there have been more than that in any week I've checked over the years, but I doubt it. And they show all over the state, and western Nevada.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
The website had over 3000 :eek: individual earthquakes shown yesterday, with about 2300 of them just in the northern Mexico/south CA area itself. Wow.

p.p.p.s. Penta-post! :D No merge possibilites?
From 4-10-2010... so I guess "only" 1700+ quakes was nothin'.

[edit] Now the number's over 1900 quakes registered. :( :confused:

Last edited: