Mlb 2017 and more

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Well, what a difference a few months makes! Pirates are on the longest win streak in MLB to end before the All-Star break... but are just a game under .500. Let's go, Buccs!

[edit] Now they are over .500 and still on a winning streak! Keep raising the Jolly Roger!

Last edited:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Pirates got back to .500 and are now a couple under. Still can reach that mark before season's end (although, a Marlins rainout means they'd end at 81-80 if they go 9-6).

BTW, the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes won the Cal league title last night. How do I know? I was there and looked upon [them] with, my own eyes. First time I saw them win it all in person.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
After a shutout of the Brewers (where have you gone, JJB? our website turns its lonely eyes to you :woohoowoo: ), the Buccs are 4 wins from a guaranteed +.500 year. Can they go 8-0 (maybe 9-0, if the rain-out game is required vs. Miami) and sneak in as a WC team (7 of those games will be on the road, too)?

[edit] Or... they could lose like it was a Packers/Steelers score and get eliminated from all post-season chances. :( Arr.

[edit, edit] They win tonight, with ANOTHER game in which they only give up a solo HR. Wonder how many times they've done that this season (12 games, maybe?). Keeps the Cubbies from clinching a playoff spot.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
Two years, two game sevens for these Dodgers. I'm not optimistic about their chances, but I rarely am. Hope I'm wrong and have to deal with a few days of crazy traffic in my neighborhood once again next week.

Lord Malakite

Jedi Council Member
Sep 30, 2001
Williamsburg, OH
A free taco (I think its the one with the nacho cheese Doritos shell) will be available on November 1st at Taco Bell between the hours of 2PM and 6PM because of their "stolen base during World Series" promo if anyone is interested.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
A free taco (I think its the one with the nacho cheese Doritos shell) will be available on November 1st at Taco Bell between the hours of 2PM and 6PM because of their "stolen base during World Series" promo if anyone is interested.
Yep; a free Doritos Locos Taco.
I heard that a special trading card set of those (6? 7?) players who stole the bases will be available in the two cities (LA and that other place) T.B. locations.

[edit] So, did game 3 end yet? Buehler...? Buehler...?

Last edited: