Music that makes us think of Star Wars

Mad Slanted Powers

Jedi Commander
May 20, 2002
Bellingham, WA
www.madslantedpowers.com
I can't think of any music that makes me think of Star Wars in the way that is suggested in this thread, but there are songs with Star Wars references that I like. Back in 1999, I bought Soul Coughing's El Oso. The opening track "Rolling" has the line "gonna slip into the field like Han Solo". Also, the track "Monster Man" has the line "dumber than a box of rocks". At the time, I had just been reading the Han Solo trilogy by A.C. Crispin, and that phrase was used to describe Gamorreans.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
(Sorry if mentioning this song title gets it stuck in people's heads)
I was listening to the radio recently and "Run Around" by Blues Traveler has a lyric
"...And shake me and my confidence
About a great many things..."
where the second line stresses the last three words like the Emperor does in ROJ here
"You will find it is you who are mistaken, about a great, man-y, thinGGs."

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Well, along that line of reasoning, how about "Greed" by Fugazi:

You wanted everything
You needed everything
You wanted everything
You needed everything
Everything is
Everything is
Greed
Is that like Yoda's "Everything! " line from TPM?

Whenever I hear Padme's declaration of love to Anakin in AOTC, I am reminded of Savage Garden's "Truly, Madly, Deeply."

S.G. said:
Be everything that you need.
I'll love you more with every breath
Truly madly deeply do...
Wonder if they stood on a mountain or bathed in a sea for their honeymoon... :rolleyes:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
For some unknown reason, some of the radio stations have been playing more Heart songs (they doing a reunion tour or something?), and in "Alone," there's a line I often mishear:

"And the night goes by so very slow,
Oh I hope that it won't end though.
Alone."

as...

"Oh I hope that it won't Endor."

Makes no grammatical sense, but it "makes [me] think of Star Wars."

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I had on the Superman soundtrack the other day; man, does it sound a lot like ESB. Especially the Cloud City and Dagobah music. Mr. Williams sure knows how to connect his themes and movie scenery. :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I watched Amistad, released in 1997, the other day. Quite a few times the serious parts had similar sounds to "Duel of the Fates," or more of "Battle of the Heroes" and "Anakin's Dark Deeds," which would've been recorded around 1998-2005ish.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Well, with the news that E7:SW:TFA will release the soundtrack the same day the film itself opens, I will very likely purchase this item so that I may listen to its music and think of Star Wars.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I watched a retrospective on the Carpenters the other day, and the opening lines of their song "Superstar" (from 1971, BTW) might fit any time post-1980:

Long ago and oh so far away
I fell in love with you
Before the second show