New Hallmark Ornaments for sale on Saturday

Kidhuman

Jedi Knight
Nov 12, 2002
Dr. Ventures Yard Sale
On 7/16 Hallmark will have their Christmas ornaments on sale. The ones i saw today were:

Talking Vader(ESB): Standing on the platform in the epic duel with Luke, Says"I am your father" and "Join me and we can rule the galaxy as father and son" 18.95

Slave Leia - 14.95

Jedi STarfighter - 18.95

Blue CLone Trooper - 14.95

JimJamBonds

Jedi Commander
May 22, 2005
www.myspace.com
CaptainSolo1138 said:
Is it just me, or does it seem fundamentally wrong to have Slave Leia hanging on your Christmas tree? :D

I think its wrong to have Christmas ornaments going on sale 5 months before the big day (yeah yeah Christmas in July I know). As far as a Slave Leia on your tree.... well I think its ok for a single guy or college guys to have it on their trees. lol.

waboritas

Jedi Initiate
Apr 17, 2002
Visit site
When they go on clearance the day after Christmas, I'm going to buy every Slave Leia I can get my hands on and start a little tree with just her in my Guy Room. In addition to the one with all the other SW and NFL ornaments (no Kurt Warner or Mannings on my tree, this year it is Vick, he may make the cut, but Brady is getting the shaft by Hallmark). Saw them all the other night. All are very nice.

Wonder why they never made the ROTJ lunch box....

JimJamBonds

Jedi Commander
May 22, 2005
www.myspace.com
If you don't mind a suggestion waboritas I think you should have one nurse ornament on that Michael Vick Christmas Tree. That way there is somebody there to provide medical care for Ron Mexico's "lady friends." :D

JetsAndHeels

Jedi Apprentice
Jan 15, 2002
North Carolina
JimJamBonds said:
If you don't mind a suggestion waboritas I think you should have one nurse ornament on that Michael Vick Christmas Tree. That way there is somebody there to provide medical care for Ron Mexico's "lady friends." :D

I was going to ask if he planned on getting a Ron Mexico ornament, but I guess you beat me to it. Hey, that wouldn't be such a bad idea..it could come with a free box of Valtrex!!

But staying on topic, there is nothing wrong with having Slave Leia hanging from your tree...spread the cheer all year round!!

Ji'dai

Jedi Apprentice
Oct 31, 2002
Indiana
jpanix.tripod.com
I wonder if Slave Leia will be standing (like the Unleashed) or sitting/reclining. I already have one ESB talking Vader ornament, I think he says, "The Force is strong with you young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet."

LTBasker

Jedi Commander
Aug 16, 2001
Oklahoma
Visit site
Well not exactly like the Unleashed, she's in a more realistic pose. :D

Personally I'm mostly looking forward to the Jedi Starfighter and ENTERPRISE-A! I've been waiting forever for them to release a freaking Enterprise-A. :p

Kinda wish the Jedi Starfighter was Obi-Wan's, but either way.

They're also releasing a pretty cool Spider-Man ornament this year.

Heres where you can view them for anyone who doesn't know

Ji'dai

Jedi Apprentice
Oct 31, 2002
Indiana
jpanix.tripod.com
After seeing pics, I might pick up the Vader and the Falcon. The Leia is okay.

Hasbro's figures are better and could be used as ornaments just as easily. So could Titanium vehicles, now that I think about it.

Kidhuman

Jedi Knight
Nov 12, 2002
Dr. Ventures Yard Sale
Ji'dai said:
After seeing pics, I might pick up the Vader and the Falcon. The Leia is okay.

Hasbro's figures are better and could be used as ornaments just as easily. So could Titanium vehicles, now that I think about it.

The titaniums could be used. Balancing them could be an issue. Although you could just lie them on the tree branches.

Ji'dai

Jedi Apprentice
Oct 31, 2002
Indiana
jpanix.tripod.com
Slightly off-topic... I spotted a small cardboard display of Mpire (M&Ms) christmas ornaments in the holiday/seasonal section at Wal-Mart over the weekend. They appear to be the same basic sculpt as toy 2 packs, just slightly larger in scale. Each figurine is sold separately and cost under $4 each. The display I saw had been nearly wiped out, only Vader and a Trooper were left.